Dr. Fakhre Alam MD
Neurologist | Neurology305 W Jackson St Suite 300 Carbondale IL, 62901
Dr. Fakhre Alam practices Neuropathology in Carbondale, IL. Dr. Alam studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Dow Med College University Of Karachi Pakistan 1990
Dow Medical College 1990
King Edward Medical University 1989
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Sleep Medicine
- Sleep Apnea
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sleep Disorders
- Pinched Nerve
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Ny Medical College, Neurology; Long Island Jewish Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center Program
Dr. Fakhre Alam MD's Practice location
Carbondale, IL 62901Get Direction
CARBONDALE, IL 62901Get Direction
Dr. Fakhre Alam MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Alam
- Carol Burnett's Beloved Sidekick, Tim Conway, Is Battling Dementia
A person's age or status does not matter when dementia is in the picture. Dementia is a blanket term for deterioration in mental and cognitive ability. Over time, dementia can progress enough to interfere with someone's daily life. ...
- Is Meningitis Contagious?
Caused by bacteria and viruses, meningitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord known as the meninges. The inflammation is usually caused by an infection of the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. It can develop as a result of injury,...
- Why We Should Not Define Autism in Terms of ‘Deficits’
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder that affects communication and behavior. It is characterized by challenges with communication, social interaction, and repetitive behaviors. These challenges involve impairments in social reciprocity and in the use of verbal and...
- Patient Tries Medical Marijuana and the Results Were Insane!
The use of marijuana for medical purposes has been controversial for many years. Although some states have legalized its use, it still remains a crime on the federal level. Many also questioned whether it would actually help patients. Over the years success stories have been piling up, and...
- What Is a Psychosomatic Disorder?
What is a psychosomatic disorder?It is a disorder wherein physical symptoms develop due to mental factors. The term "psyche" refers to the word "mind" and "somatic" means the observed physical signs and symptoms of the disease. Every disease has physical and mental components, so most diseases are...
- Risk Factors for Levodopa-induced Dyskinesia in Parkinson’s Patients Study
There are motor as well as some non-motor symptoms that characterize Parkinson's disease. Parkinon's causes rigidity, tremors, and motor disabilities, as well as non-motor symptoms, including anxiety and depression. The most effective treatment to control Parkinson’s systems to date is Levodopa....
- Dr. Robin Levy-Miller M.D.8825 FM 580 San Saba Texas 76877
- Dr. Lori M Guyton M.D.3301 Logan Dr Herrin IL 62948
- Tiffany Ward MD3350 La Jolla Village Dr San Diego CA 92161
- Dr. Bhargav Arvindbabu Trivedi M.D.305 W Jackson St Carbondale IL 62901
- Dr. Alejandro Hornik MD2160 S 1st Ave Maywood IL 60153
- Dr. Sadasivam Modali M.D2401 W Main St Marion IL 62959