Dr. Rodney Pommier is a surgical oncologist practicing in Portland, OR. Dr. Pommier specializes in diagnosing, staging and treating cancer-related symptoms. Surgical oncologists also decide if the patient is a candidate for surgery or other cancer treatments based on certain factors such as age, physical fitness and other possible coexisting medical conditions
Education and Training
Or Hlth Sci Univ Sch of Med, Portland Or 1983
Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine 1983
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Distribution and functional significance of somatostatin receptors in malignant
- High dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate predicts breast cancer progression during new aromatase inhibitor therapy and stimulates breast cancer cell growth in tissue culture: a renewed role for adrenalectomy.
- The impact of hormone replacement therapy on the detection and stage of breast cancer.
- A new score for the evaluation of palpable breast masses in women under age 40.
- Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate causes proliferation of estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer cells despite treatment with fulvestrant.
- Estrogen and androgen receptors as comediators of breast cancer cell proliferation: providing a new therapeutic tool.
- Relationships among delay of diagnosis, extent of disease, and survival in patients with abdominal carcinoid tumors.
- The relationships among clinician delay of diagnosis of breast cancer and tumor size, nodal status, and stage.
- Operative resection of primary carcinoid neoplasms in patients with liver metastases yields significantly better survival.
- Incidence and outcomes of contralateral breast cancers.
- Characterizing the HER2/neu status and metastatic potential of breast cancer stem/progenitor cells.
- The NANETS consensus guidelines for the diagnosis and management of gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumors (nets): well-differentiated nets of the distal colon and rectum.
- Using complications associated with postmastectomy radiation and immediate breast reconstruction to improve surgical decision making.
- Fresh surgical specimens yield breast stem/progenitor cells and reveal their oncogenic abnormalities.
- Laparoscopic surgical exploration is an effective strategy for locating occult primary neuroendocrine tumors.
- Study of Efficacy and Safety of PDR001 in Patients With Advanced or Metastatic, Well-differentiated, Non-functional Neuroendocrine Tumors of Pancreatic, Gastrointestinal (GI), or Thoracic Origin or Poorly-differentiated Gastroenteropancreatic Neuroendocrine Carcinoma (GEP-NEC)
- Everolimus Roll-over Protocol for Patients Who Have Completed a Previous Novartis-sponsored Everolimus Study.
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Or Hlth Sci Univ Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. Rodney Francis Pommier MD's Practice location
Portland, OR 97239Get Direction
Dr. Rodney Francis Pommier MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How Can Skin Grafting Treat Melanoma?
What is melanoma?Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that affects the melanocytes or the skin cells that contain the pigment melanin. It is caused when long or repeated exposure to UV radiation damages the DNA of these skin cells and causes them to divide uncontrollably forming a malignant tumor....
- What Is Gastric Cancer: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Gastric cancer, also known as stomach cancer, begins when cancer cells form in the inner lining of the stomach. This disease does not show clear signs and symptoms until it enters the later stages. The cancer may spread from the stomach to essential parts like the liver, lungs, bones, and lymph...
- Alternative Treatments for Bladder Cancer
Alternative Treatments for Bladder CancerCancer occurs in various stages, and as it moves from one stage to another, it gets worse. Therefore, as the condition progresses, more effective methods of treatment have to be applied. At times, even two treatment methods can be applied together.In...
- Melanoma: Get the Facts
Melanoma is a form of skin cancer that develops in the melanocytes, which are the cells that determine your skin color because of the melanin pigment. Melanoma has the ability to develop in various parts of the body including the eyes, nails, mouth, as well as some internal organs such as the...
- Ovarian Cancer Is Not Only Deadly, But Very Hard to Detect. Women Need to Stay Vigilant
September is known as Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer of the cells of the ovaries. It can occur in several different parts of the ovary, including the germ, stromal or epithelial cells. Germ cells are the cells that become eggs, stromal cells make up the substance...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- Dr. Charles Kristian Enestvedt MD3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Angela Michelle Lewis-traylor M.D.24988 Se Stark St Gresham OR 97030
- Dr. Kevin Gregg Billingsley MD3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Katherine T Morris MD1040 Nw 22nd Ave Portland OR 97210
- Dr. John Tyson Vetto MD3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Arpana M Naik MD3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland OR 97239