Dr. Manisha C Balwani M.D., M.S.
Geneticist | Clinical Genetics (M.D.)1 Gustave L Levy Pl Box 1497, Department New York NY, 10029
Dr. Manisha Balwani practices Genetic Medicine in New York, NY. As a geneticist, Dr. Balwani performs experiments and analyzes data to interpret the inheritance of different traits in patients. A geneticist evaluates, diagnoses, and manages patients with hereditary conditions or congenital malformations, genetic risk calculations, and mutation analysis. Dr. Balwani carries out studies, tests, and counsels patients with genetic diseases.
Education and Training
Topiwala National Medical College 1997
- NSLIJHS/Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine at Forest Hills Program
Dr. Manisha C Balwani M.D., M.S.'s Practice location
New York, NY 10029Get Direction
New York, NY 10029Get Direction
Dr. Manisha C Balwani M.D., M.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Balwani
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- What Causes Albinism?
What is albinism?Albinism is a group of genetic disorders that cause little or no production of the natural pigment called melanin. The color of your skin, hair, and eyes depend on the type and amount of melanin produced by your body. Most individuals with albinism have sun sensitivity, which makes...
- Is My Child More Likely to Develop Autism if a Blood Relative Has Autism?
Autism characterized by impaired social interactions reduced verbal and non-verbal communication and stereotyped behavior and activities. These symptoms appear in early childhood and impair or limit everyday functioning.Autism and geneticsResearchers believe that both environment and genetics play a...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Dr. Melissa Pittel Wasserstein MD1 Gustave L Levy Pl New York NY 10029
- Dr. Reymundo Lozano MD1 GUSTAVE L LEVY PL New York NY 10029
- Dr. Amy C Yang M.D.1428 Madison Ave New York NY 10029
- Gidon Akler M.D.1 Gustave L Levy Pl New York NY 10029
- Dr. Ethylin Wang Jabs M.D.1 Gustave Levy P Lace New York NY 10029
- Dr. Brian M Kirmse MD1428 Madison Ave New York NY 10029