Dr. Paul H. Chiu, M.D.
Pain Management Specialist | Interventional Pain Medicine707 S Garfield Ave Suite 304 Alhambra CA, 91801
Dr. Paul Chiu practices Pain Medicine in Alhambra, CA. Pain medicine is concerned with the prevention of pain, and the evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of patients experiencing pain. Pain medicine physicians use a broad-based approach to treat all pain disorders, ranging from pain as a symptom of disease to pain as the primary disease. Dr. Chiu serves as a consultant to other physicians but is often the principal treating physician, providing care at various levels; such as treating the patient directly, prescribing medication, prescribing rehabilitative services, performing pain relieving procedures, counseling patients and families, directing a multidisciplinary team, coordinating care with other healthcare providers, and providing consultative services.
Education and Training
American University Of The Caribbean School Of Medicine 1999
American Board of Anesthesiology
Pain Medicine (Anesthesiology)
Areas of expertise and specialization
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- North American Spine Society
- Minimally invasive spine procedures
- Riverside Methodists Hospital
- University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
Professional Society Memberships
- North American Spine SocietyAmerican Society of interverntional Pain PhysiciansNorth American Neuromodulation SocietyAmerican Society of Neuroscience and PainPacific Spine and Pain Society
What do you attribute your success to?
- Relentless desire to provide best treatment options to help with chronic pain relief and restore function
Teaching and speaking
- Adjunct faculty - Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine
Favorite Place to Vacation
- French Polynesia
Hobbies / Sports
Dr. Paul H. Chiu, M.D.'s Practice location
Alhambra, CA 91801Get Direction
Dr. Paul H. Chiu, M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Chiu
- 5 Tips on Living with Prostate Cancer
5 Tips on Living with Prostate CancerBeing diagnosed with cancer is a blow to the lives of very many men. Some think that once they have been diagnosed with prostate cancer, it is the end of their lives. This is not true. Someone can be have prostate cancer and still manage to live a happy and...
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- Is Syphilis an STD?
What is an STD?Sexually transmitted disease, or commonly known as STD, is a type of disease that gets transmitted through sexual contact. AIDS caused by the HIV virus is a primary example of a sexually transmitted disease. Most STDs do not have any obvious symptoms at the beginning, aside from the...
- Croup and Its Symptoms
Croup, a viral infection in children, is a condition that causes swelling of the vocal cords. The cause of croup is also the same virus that causes a normal cold. Croup can happen any time, but is very common during the winter. ...
- 7 Complementary Therapies for Lupus
Are you on lupus treatment? Do you want to know if there are better options to improve your health? More than 50 percent of lupus patients worldwide try complementary therapies. Complementary therapies are therapies that are followed in addition to routine medicines prescribed by doctors. The seven...
- What Causes Swollen Ankles and Feet?
Swelling of the ankles and feet are a common everyday experience. Either you or a loved one may have experienced ankle swelling at some point of your lives. It is that common and is not a usual cause for concern, especially if you have been standing or walking for a long period of time. However,...
- Dr. Bahman B. Shamloo M.D444 S San Vicente Blvd Los Angeles CA 90048
- Dr. Gregory Vassilev MD5901 W Olympic Blvd Los Angeles CA 90036
- Dr. Akash Bajaj MD4644 Lincoln Blvd. Marina Del Rey California 90292
- Dr. Mayuko Sakae MD1500 E. DUARTE ROAD DUARTE CA 91010
- Dr. Eduardo E Anguizola M.D.21520 Pioneer Blvd Hawaiian Gardens CA 90716
- Dr. Nippon Vadehra MD6041 Cadillac Ave Los Angeles CA 90034