Dr. Roger Hoon Kim MD
Surgical Oncologist | Surgical Oncology1501 Kings Hwy Shreveport LA, 71103
Dr. Roger Kim is a surgical oncologist practicing in Shreveport, LA. Dr. Kim specializes in diagnosing, staging and treating cancer-related symptoms. Surgical oncologists also decide if the patient is a candidate for surgery or other cancer treatments based on certain factors such as age, physical fitness and other possible coexisting medical conditions
Education and Training
Northwestern University The Feinberg School of Medicine 2000
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- In vivo mitochondrial p53 translocation triggers a rapid first wave of cell death in response to DNA damage that can precede p53 target gene activation.
- Noninvasive detection of prostate cancer by quantitative analysis of telomerase activity.
- Export and functions of sphingosine-1-phosphate.
- Estradiol induces export of sphingosine 1-phosphate from breast cancer cells via ABCC1 and ABCG2.
- Methods of esophagogastric anastomoses following esophagectomy for cancer: A systematic review.
- Immunocompetent orthotopic pancreatic cancer murine model: a step in the right direction.
- Sebaceous carcinoma of the right arm.
- Carcinoma of the axillary tail of Spence: a case series.
- Is baseline bone imaging in high-risk breast cancer patients justified?
- Is chronic kidney disease an independent risk factor for mortality in breast cancer?
- Laparoscopic resection of small bowel sarcoma.
- Does obesity have an effect on outcomes in triple-negative breast cancer?
- Morbid obesity does not disadvantage patients with in situ or early-stage carcinoma undergoing breast-conserving surgery.
- Effect of January vacations and prior night call status on resident ABSITE performance.
- Interventions that affect resident performance on the American Board of Surgery In-Training Examination: a systematic review.
- Throat Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Aerolase® Technologies
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
Dr. Roger Hoon Kim MD's Practice location
Shreveport, LA 71103Get Direction
SPRINGFIELD, IL 62702Get Direction
Dr. Roger Hoon Kim MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kim
- How Can Skin Grafting Treat Melanoma?
What is melanoma?Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that affects the melanocytes or the skin cells that contain the pigment melanin. It is caused when long or repeated exposure to UV radiation damages the DNA of these skin cells and causes them to divide uncontrollably forming a malignant tumor....
- Pink Chair Project Celebrates Survivors of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among American women, with the exception of skin cancers. It is also the second leading cause of death among women, after lung cancer. The American Cancer Society estimates that there are over 3.1 million breast cancer survivors in the United States,...
- What Tests Determine Pancreatic Cancer?
Pancreatic cancer is a cancer that begins in the pancreas, which is the organ that lies behind the lower part of the stomach. This type of cancer is really difficult to diagnose and it is often detected late. In most cases, by the time this cancer is detected, it has already spread rapidly and thus...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- An Overview of Gallbladder Diseases
What is the gallbladder?The gallbladder is a four-inch, pear-shaped organ situated below your liver. It acts as a storage organ for bile, which is a mixture of fats, cholesterol, and fluids. The main purpose of bile is to help in breaking down fats during digestion. The whole process allows for easy...
- Alternative Treatments for Bladder Cancer
Alternative Treatments for Bladder CancerCancer occurs in various stages, and as it moves from one stage to another, it gets worse. Therefore, as the condition progresses, more effective methods of treatment have to be applied. At times, even two treatment methods can be applied together.In...