Dr. Douglas W Massop M.D.
Vascular Surgeon | Vascular Surgery5950 University Ave Suite 231 West Des Moines IA, 50266
Dr. Douglas Massop is a vascular surgeon practicing in West Des Moines, IA. Dr. Massop specializes in disorders relating to the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. As a vascular surgeon, Dr. Massop diagnoses and treats vascular diseases and performs vasular surgeries. Common conditions that a vascular surgeon treats are aneurysms, atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Vascular specialists might also treat trauma, venous ulcers, poor leg circulation, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular-related issues.
Education and Training
Creighton University School of Medicine 1983
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Varicose Veins
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (aaa)
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Vascular Disease
- Oh State Univ Hosp, Vascular Surgery; Creighton Univ Affil Hosp, General Surgery
- Creighton University Affil Hosps
- Ohio State University Hospital Program
Dr. Douglas W Massop M.D.'s Practice location
West Des Moines, IA 50266Get Direction
Dr. Douglas W Massop M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Massop
- Does Aneurysm Require Surgery?
An aneurysm is the formation of a bulge when the walls of the arteries weaken. It is an artificial condition that can remain undetected for years. If it ruptures, it could lead to many complications and, at times, even death. The following are a few figures concerning the deaths caused by different...
- How are Varicose Veins Diagnosed?
Blood from body organs is transported to the heart via blood vessels, or veins. Organs use oxygen to function, and they discharge blood that has been used that contains waste products like carbon dioxide. The veins then take the blood to the heart and back to the lungs, where the carbon dioxide is...
- 5 Tips on Living with Varicose Veins
Varicose veins are bothersome and uncomfortable. Apart from being unattractive, varicose veins are associated with both physical and mental pain. High temperatures during the summer call for relaxed clothing, and varicose veins can prevent someone from living their life happily. Because age is one...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- What Is Varicose Vein Stripping?
A vein is a blood vessel that carries blood through your body. Varicose veins are one among a spectrum of chronic vein problems. It is common and can be found in up to 20% of the adult population. The severity of the condition varies and while varicose veins are responsible for significant...
- The Causes of Varicose Veins
Also referred to as varicosities, varicose veins develop when the veins expand or become engorged and overcrowded with blood. Having a red or blue-purplish appearance, varicose veins can be very painful. They are commonly seen as engorged or elevated.The condition mostly affects women; however, half...
- Dr. Alan Russell Koslow M.D.974 73rd St Des Moines IA 50312
- Dr. Laurie M Kuestner M.D.5880 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Eric Scott MD5950 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Matthew Lawrence White M.D.5333 Mcauley Dr Ypsilanti MI 48197
- Dr. John Alan Stern M.D.411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Cass Franklin M.D.1111 6th Ave Des Moines IA 50314