Raoul Devin Nelson
Nephrologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Nephrology100 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT, 84113
Dr. Raoul Nelson is a pediatric nephrologist practicing in Salt Lake City, UT. Dr. Nelson specializes in caring for children with chronic conditions such as hypertension, kidney disease, and chronic dialysis. Pediatric nephrologists have extensive knowledge on the dialysis and transplant processes, while simultaneously developing lasting relationships with the families of their young patients.
Education and Training
Washington Univ Sch Of Med- St Louis Mo 1986
- Renal principal cell-specific expression of green fluorescent protein in transgenic mice.
- Deletion mapping in Alport syndrome and Alport syndrome-diffuse leiomyomatosis reveals potential mechanisms of visceral smooth muscle overgrowth.
- V-ATPase B1-subunit promoter drives expression of EGFP in intercalated cells of kidney, clear cells of epididymis and airway cells of lung in transgenic mice.
- P2Y2 receptor mRNA and protein expression is altered in inner medullas of hydrated and dehydrated rats: relevance to AVP-independent regulation of IMCD function.
- Chronic dDAVP infusion in rats decreases the expression of P2Y2 receptor in inner
- Collecting duct-specific deletion of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma blocks thiazolidinedione-induced fluid retention.
- Expression and function of COX isoforms in renal medulla: evidence for regulation of salt sensitivity and blood pressure.
- Automated method for the isolation of collecting ducts.
- A small subpopulation of blastospores in candida albicans biofilms exhibit resistance to amphotericin B associated with differential regulation of ergosterol and beta-1,6-glucan pathway genes.
- Duration of oliguria and anuria as predictors of chronic renal-related sequelae in post-diarrheal hemolytic uremic syndrome.
- Potential role of purinergic signaling in urinary concentration in inner medulla: insights from P2Y2 receptor gene knockout mice.
- The V-ATPase B1-subunit promoter drives expression of Cre recombinase in intercalated cells of the kidney.
- Systems-level analysis of cell-specific AQP2 gene expression in renal collecting duct.
- Potential involvement of P2Y2 receptor in diuresis of postobstructive uropathy in rats.
- Overexpression of pendrin in intercalated cells produces chloride-sensitive hypertension.
- Reducing αENaC expression in the kidney connecting tubule induces pseudohypoaldosteronism type 1 symptoms during K+ loading.
- St Louis Childrens Hosp, Pediatric Nephrology Univ Of Ut Med Ctr, Pediatrics
Raoul Devin Nelson's Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84113Get Direction
Salt Lake City, UT 84113Get Direction
Raoul Devin Nelson's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Nelson
- Eva Longoria On Her Sister with Special Needs Having Breast Cancer
Eva Longoria has recently opened up on a subject that she hasn't discussed too much in the past. She has a special needs sister who was diagnosed with breast cancer. Eva is now using her celebrity platform to raise awareness and support for her beloved sister. Liza is not only Eva Longoria's...
- Nodular Melanoma Symptoms
What is nodular melanoma?Nodular melanoma is one of the five subgroups of melanoma. It usually develops in the cells of the skin that produce the pigment called melanin, which gives the skin its color. Approximately 15 percent of melanoma cases are nodular melanoma and is the most aggressive...
- Wilms Tumor Facts
Wilms TumorWilms tumor, also called as nephroblastoma, is a type of cancerous tumor in the kidneys. The name of the disease comes from a German doctor named Max Wilms, who wrote about it in 1899. Children ages 3-4 years old are more likely to develop Wilms tumor.Wilms tumor accounts for around 9 out...
- What Could Lead to Nephrotic Syndrome?
IntroductionNephrotic syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that occur when there is something wrong with your kidneys. It can affect people of all ages and is often treatable. Kidney damage may be suspected if an individual shows any of the following symptoms:...
- What Is Renal Ultrasound Used For?
A renal ultrasound is actually a diagnostic procedure, wherein high-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. The echoes recorded into videos or images of the internal structures of the body.A wide range of diseases and conditions can be...
- Nephrotic Syndrome in Children: What You Need to Know
Nephrotic Syndrome in ChildrenNephrotic syndrome in children is not a disease, but rather a group of symptoms that usually indicate kidney damage (particularly glomeruli damage) and proteinuria (high levels of protein in the urine). When there is kidney damage, a protein called albumin, which is...