Dr. Charles Burke is an interventional radiologist practicing in Little Rock, AR. Dr. Burke specializes in minimally invasive, targeted treatments. Interventional radiologists use X-Rays, MRIs and other advanced imaging to put catheters in the body in order to treat the source of the disease internally. Many conditions that once required surgery can now have less risk, less pain and fewer invasions when treated by an interventional radiologist.
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR- 2001
- Use of rigid bronchoscopic forceps in the difficult retrieval of the Günther Tulip inferior vena cava filter.
- Analysis of tilt of the Günther Tulip filter.
- Factors associated with failed retrieval of the Günther Tulip inferior vena cava filter.
- Direct puncture of the recanalized paraumbilical vein for portal vein targeting during transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt procedures: assessment of technical success and safety.
- Bronchial and nonbronchial systemic artery embolization in patients with major hemoptysis: safety and efficacy of N-butyl cyanoacrylate.
- Use of the viabil covered stent in the treatment of a benign biliary stricture with the subsequent development of acute pancreatitis.
- Portal vein pseudoaneurysm with portoenteric fistula: an unusual cause for massive gastrointestinal hemorrhage.
- Iatrogenic Ureteral Injury during Translumbar Embolization of a Type II Endoleak.
- Bronchial artery embolization.
- Temporary balloon tamponade for managing subclavian arterial injury by inadvertent central venous catheter placement.
- Development of an animal model for radiofrequency ablation of primary, virally induced hepatocellular carcinoma in the woodchuck.
- Endovascular management of acute upper extremity deep venous thrombosis and the use of superior vena cava filters.
- Assessing medical students' knowledge of IR at two American medical schools.
- Comparison of percutaneous ablation technologies in the treatment of malignant liver tumors.
- Coil Embolization to Redirect Embolic Flow during Prostatic Artery Embolization.
- Technical Feasibility of Prostatic Artery Embolization From a Transradial Approach.
- Prostatic Artery Embolization Using Embosphere Microspheres for Prostates Measuring 80-150 cm(3): Early Results from a US Trial.
- Review of Current Literature for Prostatic Artery Embolization.
- Comparison of Type II Endoleak Embolizations: Embolization of Endoleak Nidus Only versus Embolization of Endoleak Nidus and Branch Vessels.
- How to Succeed in Academic Radiology: A Primer for Young Faculty Members.
- Reply to: "Embolization of Type II Endoleaks".
- MemberSoutheastern Angiographic Society
- Member American Roentgen Ray Society
- Member North American Radiological Sociaty
- Member American College of Radiology
- Member Society of Interventional Radiology
- University of North Carolina 1997
- University of North Carolina, Vascular and Interventional Radiology, NC, USA 2002
Charles T Burke M.D.'s Practice location
Little Rock, AR 72205Get Direction
Chapel Hill, NC 27517Get Direction
Chapel Hill, NC 27514Get Direction
Hillsborough, NC 27278Get Direction
Charles T Burke M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- The Best Ways To Treat A Fever
A fever is an abnormally high body temperature, often characterized by shivering, headaches, and delirium. The normal body temperature is 98.6 ̊ F. Temperature between 98.6 ̊ F and 100.4 ̊ F is considered to be a low-grade fever. However, temperatures at or above 102 ̊ F may be dangerous and...
- Polyphenol Supplements
OverviewStudies show that an increase in the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables can help reduce the risk of developing chronic health problems, such as neurodegenerative diseases, heart disease, and certain types of cancer. Dietary antioxidants can slow down the processes that contribute to...
- What Is Toviaz?
Generic Name: FesoterodineBrand Name: ToviazWhat is Toviaz?Toviaz is a medication for the treatment of spasms that occur in the bladder muscles. The generic name of Toviaz is fesoterodine. This drug is mostly used for the treatment of an overactive bladder and other accompanying symptoms such...
- Health Benefits of Selenium
What is selenium?Selenium is a trace mineral, which is mostly found in the soil. Since it is found in the soil, it is also present in certain food items and small traces in water. Selenium is one of the vital minerals for the human body. It helps boost the health of the immune system and actively...
- What Are Head Lice: Get the Facts
Head lice are tiny, wingless, blood-sucking organisms. They reside in the hair of your head and feed on your scalp’s blood. An adult louse has a size equal to that of a sesame seed, while the size of its eggs is roughly that of dandruff.Causes of Head LiceHead lice are highly contagious and can be...
- Symptoms of Uterine Fibroids
Most women that have uterine fibroids do not experience any symptoms. And their condition doesn’t require treatment. Nevertheless, one in every female of childbearing age suffers from significant symptoms. The signs and symptoms associated with uterine fibroids might vary depending on size,...
- Dr. Timothy Mccowan MD4301 W Markham St # 783 Little Rock AR 72205
- Steven A Dunnagan MD500 S University Ave Little Rock AR 72205
- Amir Hossein Pezeshkmehr M.D.1520 Sand Hill Rd Palo Alto CA 94304
- Dr. Thomas E St amour M.D.9601 Lile Dr Little Rock AR 72205
- Mehmet Sertac Akdol M.D.4301 W. Markham St. Little Rock AR 72205
- Adewumi D. Amole MBBS4301 W Markham St # 783 Little Rock AR 72205