Dr. Charles Burke is an interventional radiologist practicing in Little Rock, AR. Dr. Burke specializes in minimally invasive, targeted treatments. Interventional radiologists use X-Rays, MRIs and other advanced imaging to put catheters in the body in order to treat the source of the disease internally. Many conditions that once required surgery can now have less risk, less pain and fewer invasions when treated by an interventional radiologist.
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR- 2001
- Use of rigid bronchoscopic forceps in the difficult retrieval of the Günther Tulip inferior vena cava filter.
- Analysis of tilt of the Günther Tulip filter.
- Factors associated with failed retrieval of the Günther Tulip inferior vena cava filter.
- Direct puncture of the recanalized paraumbilical vein for portal vein targeting during transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt procedures: assessment of technical success and safety.
- Bronchial and nonbronchial systemic artery embolization in patients with major hemoptysis: safety and efficacy of N-butyl cyanoacrylate.
- Use of the viabil covered stent in the treatment of a benign biliary stricture with the subsequent development of acute pancreatitis.
- Portal vein pseudoaneurysm with portoenteric fistula: an unusual cause for massive gastrointestinal hemorrhage.
- Iatrogenic Ureteral Injury during Translumbar Embolization of a Type II Endoleak.
- Bronchial artery embolization.
- Temporary balloon tamponade for managing subclavian arterial injury by inadvertent central venous catheter placement.
- Development of an animal model for radiofrequency ablation of primary, virally induced hepatocellular carcinoma in the woodchuck.
- Endovascular management of acute upper extremity deep venous thrombosis and the use of superior vena cava filters.
- Assessing medical students' knowledge of IR at two American medical schools.
- Comparison of percutaneous ablation technologies in the treatment of malignant liver tumors.
- Coil Embolization to Redirect Embolic Flow during Prostatic Artery Embolization.
- Member Southeastern Angiographic Society
- Member American Roentgen Ray Society
- Member North American Radiological Sociaty
- Member American College of Radiology
- Member Society of Interventional Radiology
- University of North Carolina 1997
- University of North Carolina, Vascular and Interventional Radiology, NC, USA 2002
Charles T Burke M.D.'s Practice location
Little Rock, AR 72205Get Direction
Chapel Hill, NC 27517Get Direction
Chapel Hill, NC 27514Get Direction
Hillsborough, NC 27278Get Direction
Charles T Burke M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Lexi Pappas and her Mom Both Have Muscular Dystrophy. This is Their Story.
Facioscapulohumeral dystrophy (FSHD) is a much more rare variant of muscular dystrophy, which consists of an autosomal dominant inherited version of muscular dystrophy, that begins by affecting the muscles in the face, and then makes its way towards the scapula, and upper arms. This variant is the...
- Alternative Treatments For Cataracts
Approximately, a fifth of all people above the age of 60 have at least mild cataracts, and at the age of 75, that number increases significantly.A cataract presents itself as a reduction of clarity in the eye lens. A normal eye lens is comprised of clear water and variety of proteins. The lens...
- Sleep Disorder May Cause Brain Inflammation in Parkinson’s Patients
Researchers have long proposed that a sleep disorder may increase inflammatory responses, and may increase the risk of developing various neurodegenerative diseases, including Parkinson’s disease. A recent study called “Assessment of neuroinflammation in patients with idiopathic...
- Parkinson's: Tips From a Professional Occupational Therapist
Once the diagnosis of Parkinson's has been dropped on a person, it is natural to feel devastated. Modern medicine can help a lot but still, it cannot stop the progression of the disease. However, with lifestyle changes a person can delay the progression of symptoms, and continue to live...
- Texas Nurses Association and Their Relief Efforts for Hurricane Harvey
The Devastation of Hurricane HarveyOn a Friday evening in late August, 2017, Hurricane Harvey made contact between Port Aransas and Port O’Connor of Texas. Following this landfall, the hurricane was classified as the first Category 4 hurricane to hit United States soil since 2004. The natural...
- What is an External Hemorrhoid?
Hemorrhoids affect a large portion of the population. Statistics indicate that about 90 percent of the population will have hemorrhoids at least once in their lifetime. Hemorrhoids can either be internal or external. This classification is based on the location of the hemorrhoids in the gut.External...
- Steven A Dunnagan MD500 S University Ave Little Rock AR 72205
- Dr. Timothy Mccowan MD4301 W Markham St # 783 Little Rock AR 72205
- Donald Christopher Walker MD9601 BAPTIST HEALTH DR STE 1100 LITTLE ROCK AR 72205
- Dr. Kenneth V Robbins M.D.9601 Lile Dr Little Rock AR 72205
- Dr. Thomas E St amour M.D.9601 Lile Dr Little Rock AR 72205
- Dr. David A Hays M.D.8901 CARTI WAY LITTLE ROCK AR 72205