Dr. Yasmin Akhtar D.O.
Endocronologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Endocrinology200 N WOLFE ST BALTIMORE MD, 21287
Dr. Yasmin Akhtar is a pediatric endocrinologist practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Akhtar specializes in growth, puberty, diabetes or other disorders related to hormones that produce certain conditions in children and growing young adults. Pediatric endocrinologists possess copious knowledge on hormone chemicals and how they can affect other parts of the body and their functions.
Dr. Yasmin Akhtar D.O.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60612Get Direction
BALTIMORE, MD 21287Get Direction
- Teenagers with Type 1 Diabetes May Face Body Image Problems
Diabetes is a disease that affects an estimated one million people or more in the United states alone. It’s a disease that’s characterized by the body’s inability to make, process or use insulin sufficiently. Diabetes can affect just about anyone but there are risk factors that make some more...
- Celiac Disease May Shadow Type 1 Diabetes
A recent study has found that celiac disease may follow Type 1 diabetes, and it has found that children have a greater risk of having celiac disease auto-antibodies, which may then result in the disorder.According to Dr. William Hagopian, type 1 diabetes and celiac disease are closely related...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Glucose Monitor May Eliminate Need for Finger Stick
A novel system that has already been approved has a revolutionary technology to monitor blood sugar levels. It works with a small sensor that is placed on the arm of the person being monitored and gives reports minute by minute.Glucose monitoring is something that people with diabetes should do...
- Pre-digested Formula May Reduce the Risk of Type 1 Diabetes in Infants
A new study has shown that pre-digested formula may reduce the risk of Type 1 diabetes in infants who have a high risk for developing this condition. The study reports that babies who were fed on pre-digested formula had a 50% lower chance of developing the kind of antibodies that predict diabetes,...
- Diabetes vs. Science: Who’s Winning?
What Is Diabetes?Diabetes is a serious chronic illness that could affect 552 million people by the year 2030, according to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF). A person suffering from diabetes is at a much greater risk of heart attack, kidney damage, or stroke. Therefore, we are now putting...
- Dr. Adebola Giwa M.D.200 N Wolfe St Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. Scott M Blackman M.D., PH.D.200 N Wolfe St Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. Christopher Joseph Romero MD200 North Wolfe St 3rd Floor Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. Leslie P Plotnick M.D.1800 Orleans Street Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. Ines Guttmann-bauman M.D.1800 Orleans St Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. Ashley Hall Shoemaker MD1800 Orleans St Baltimore MD 21287