Dr. Stephen R Karl MD
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Surgery1001 E 21st St Suite # 012 Sioux Falls SD, 57105
Dr. Stephen Karl practices Pediatric Surgery in Sioux Falls, SD. Dr. Karl treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Karldiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Mechanically induced pendelluft flow in a model airway bifurcation during high frequency oscillation.
- Hepatic granulomata. Presenting with prolonged fever. Resolution with anti-inflammatory treatment.
- Ovarian torsion: an unusual cause of bilateral pelvic calcifications.
- Ultrasonographic detection of spontaneous perforation of the extrahepatic bile ducts in infancy.
- Juvenile secretory carcinoma of the breast.
- Posterior mediastinal teratomas.
- Feeding Roux-en-Y jejunostomy in the management of severely neurologically impaired children.
- St Christophers Hosp Chldn, General Surgery; Hartford Hosp, General Surgery; Univ Of Va Med Ctr, General Surgery
Dr. Stephen R Karl MD's Practice location
Sioux Falls, SD 57105Get Direction
Dr. Stephen R Karl MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Karl
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- Dr. Adela T. Casas-melley M.D.1600 W 22nd St Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Dr. Jon Ryckman MD1600 W 22nd St Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Dr. Sarah A. Jones sapienza MD1600 W 22nd St Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Dr. Anthony James Bufo M.D.1417 S. CLIFF AVE. SIOUX FALLS SD 57105
- Dr. John R Maddox MD1305 W 18th St Sioux Falls SD 57105