Dr. Heather Rutledge is a pathologist practicing in Lexington, KY. Dr. Rutledge is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Rutledge can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Rutledge may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Univ of Louisville Sch of Med, Louisville Ky 1998
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- Cytopathology
- Univ Of Ky Coll Of Med, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology Univ Of Tn Coll Of Med, Internal Medicine
Dr. Heather Louise Rutledge MD's Practice location
Lexington, KY 40536Get Direction
EDGEWOOD, KY 41017Get Direction
Dr. Heather Louise Rutledge MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Dr. Jason Clark M.D.3500 Gaston Ave Dallas TX 75246
- Dr. Douglas D. Damm D.D.S.800 Rose St Lexington KY 40536
- Leonard I. Boral OtherUniversity Of Kentucky Medical Ctr Lexington KY 40536
- Dr. Vandana Kumar M.D.290 Big Run Rd Lexington KY 40503
- Mrs. Dana L. Richards M.D.Uk Chandler Medical Center Dept Of Pathology Lexington KY 40536
- Dr. Matthew Scott Purdom M.D.800 Rose St Lexington KY 40536