Dr. Laura Tosi MD
Orthopedist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC, 20010
Laura L. Tosi, MD, is the director of the Bone Health Program at ChildrenÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s National Medical Center. Her practice focuses on orthopaedic management of children with physical disabilities ...
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1977
Harvard Medical School 1977
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Birth Defects
- Femur Fracture
- Abnormal Gait
- The Hosp-Sick Children, Orthopedic Surgery; Ny & Presby Hp-Columbia Campus, Orthopedic Surgery; Ny & Presby Hp-Columbia Campus, General Surgery; Ny & Presby Hp-Columbia Campus, Internal Medicine
Dr. Laura Tosi MD's Practice location
Dr. Laura Tosi MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tosi
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Muscular Dystrophy in Children
Muscular dystrophy or MD is a genetic disorder that stops the body from producing enough proteins to develop the muscles and keep them healthy. This fault in the genetic structure slowly weakens the body as the person ages. It is really heartbreaking to hear a parent say, “My child has muscular...
- What Is Sever's Disease: Causes and Treatment
Sever's disease is a type of heel injury that usually occurs in children who are physically active. Most children experience temporary pain without long-term damage. Sever's disease was first described in 1912 by an American doctor named James Warren Sever. The condition is also called calcaneal...
- How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?
How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?This surgery is normally recommended for elderly people who suffer from severe pain due to osteoarthritis. It is suggested for people if the pain and stiffness in their joints affects their mobility and daily activities. One has to understand both the...
- Dr. Candice P. Holden MD8501 ARLINGTON BLVD. RESTON VA 22031
- Dr. Amy Elizabeth Henning D.O.8501 Arlington Boulevard Fairfax VA 22031
- Eleanor Fridkin Preta PA111 Michigan Ave Nw Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Jaysson Trevor Brooks M.D.2900 Largo Rd Upper Marlboro MD 20772
- Dr. Megan Lynne Young M.D.111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Justin R Connor MD2041 Georgia Ave NW Washington DC 20060