Dr. Joseph Koury is a radiologist practicing in Columbia, MO. Dr. Koury specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
Indiana University School of Medicine 2005
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR- 2010
- Member American Medical Association
- Member Society of Interventional Radiology
- Member Radiologic Society of North America
- University of Missouri Health System 2010
- University of North Carolina, Interventional Radiology, NC, USA 2011
Joseph P Koury M.D.'s Practice location
Columbia, MO 65212Get Direction
Independence, MO 64057Get Direction
Joseph P Koury M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Kenneth L. Rall1904 Fieldstone Court Columbia Missouri 65203
- Robert J Churchill MDOne Hospital Drive Columbia MO 65212
- Yash Pal Sethi MDOne Hospital Drive Columbia MO 65212
- Amolak Singh MDOne Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65212
- Aparna Velnati M.D.ONE HOSPITAL DR COLUMBIA MO 65212
- Craig Martin Watts MD6991 S Shore Dr Hartsburg MO 65039