Dr. Thomas Shaw is an anesthesiologist practicing in Houston, TX. Dr. Shaw ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Shaw also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Medicine 2001
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- MemberAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
- Member Society for Pediatric Anesthesia
- Member Texas Society of Anesthesiologists
- Baylor College of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals 2005
- Pediatric Anesthesiology, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Pediatric Anesthesiology 2006
Dr. Thomas Lashun Shaw M.D.'s Practice location
Houston, TX 77030Get Direction
Dr. Thomas Lashun Shaw M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Can Sinusitis Be Caused by Allergies?
The inflammation of the sinuses found in your forehead, cheekbones, and behind your nose is what is known as sinusitis. Sinusitis can be a short-term inflammation resulting from a bacterial infection after an infection like the common cold. However, sinusitis can also be chronic, resulting from...
- How Are Family Members Affected by Eating Disorders?
People suffering from eating disorders go through intense pain and suffering. But they don’t go through this alone. Family member and friends also go through the pain. It is usually tough on someone to watch a loved one destroy themselves slowly when there is little they can do to help without...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Dr. Hany Samir M.D.6565 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77030
- Dr. Javier D. Lasala M.D.1515 Holcombe Blvd Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Yusuf Mosuro MDPO Box 38042 Houston Texas 77238
- Sherif Zaafran1500 City West Blvd Houston TX 77042
- Dr. Brett H. Warfield M.D.6340 North Eldridge Pkwy Houston Texas 77041
- Dr. Peter H. Norman M.D.1515 Holcombe Blvd. Houston Texas 77030