Rakesh K. Varma, MD, is a leading interventional radiologist currently serving patients at the University of Alabama at Birmingham in Birmingham, Alabama. Throughout his six years of practice, he has accrued extensive expertise in portal hypertension, thoracic duct embolization, transplant interventions, trauma, interventional oncology, and palliative interventions. After earning his medical degree in 2001 at Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, Dr. Varma completed his radiology residency at Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and Hospital and his Interventional Radiology fellowship at Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology. Dr. Varma is board-certified by the American Board of Radiology. Additionally, in order to stay up to date on all medical advancements in his field, he maintains a professional membership with the Society of Interventional Radiology, the American Roentgen Ray Society, and the Radiological Society of North America.
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and Hospital
- Interventional Radiology, Abdominal, and Interventional Radiology, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology
Professional Society Memberships
- Society of Interventional Radiology, American Roentgen Ray Society, Radiological Society of North America
Articles and Publications
- Published Peer reviewed journals
What do you attribute your success to?
- His passion to serve others.
Hobbies / Sports
- Music, Spending time with his young children
Rakesh Varma M.B.B.S, M.D.'s Practice location
Saint Louis, MO 63110Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Rakesh Varma M.B.B.S, M.D. | Interventional Radiologist | Vascular & Interventional Radiology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Rakesh Varma M.B.B.S, M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Different Types of Bladder Cancer?
What are the Different Types of Bladder Cancer?The bladder is a very important organ, usually found on the pelvis (lower abdomen). This hollow organ acts as a storage unit for the urine formed by your kidneys. Being such an important organ of the urinary tract, it is at high risk, since it receives...
- The Increasing Awareness of Sleep Apnea and the Ohio Doctor Committed to Treating the Condition
Sleep apnea has, for the longest time, been the bane of every good night’s sleep. The condition encompasses a series of signs and symptoms that surface during sleep and which can seriously affect the victim by interrupting his or her slumber. Sufferers of this condition usually have a hard time...
- What Role Do Gut Microbes Play in Multiple Sclerosis?
Multiple sclerosis is a terrible disease that affects millions of people around the world, and it can be particularly devastating to have to deal with this disease on a daily basis. Researchers have long searched for some sort of cure for the disease, but they have repeatedly come up short....
- New Treatment for Early Stages of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Although the course of rheumatoid arthritis is different for every individual, it is worth mentioning that with proper treatment, the progression can be slowed down or even stopped altogether. Currently, there are several ways to treat RA and among these approaches is COBRA therapy. The COBRA...
- How Is Cervical Cancer Staged?
Cervical cancer affects the cervix, which connects the uterus and vagina. The endocervix is the part of the cervix that is closest to the uterus, while an ectocervix is nearer to the vagina. Most cases of cervical cancer begin in the cell at the transformation zone. This zone is where the two main...
- What is Swimmer’s Ear and How to Get Rid of it
What Is Swimmer's Ear?The ear is a rather delicate part of the human body. It is also an organ that is highly susceptible to infections and exposure to dirt and dust from various sources. Swimmer’s ear is an infection that primarily occurs in the outer ear canal, a pipe-like tube that goes from...
- Carl Anthony Narducci MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Matthew Carl Larrison MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Baljendra Singh Kapoor Other619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Karthikram Raghuram M.D.700 19th St South Birmingham AL 35233
- Therese Marie Weber M.D.619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233