Dr. Malka Kohn is a speech language pathologist practicing in BROOKLYN, NY. Dr. Kohn specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Kohn evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Kohn helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
- Attention deficit disorder: not just for children.
- Gastroschisis and exomphalos: recent trends and factors influencing survival.
- A common presentation of a rare genetic disorder clinically mimicking primary myopathy.
- Blood ordering for haematemesis.
- 11-03 Identifying cognitive and affective markers within an integrative neuroscience model of ADHD.
- Altered gray matter organization in children and adolescents with ADHD: a structural covariance connectome study.
- Reversibility of cerebral ventricular enlargement in anorexia nervosa, demonstrated by quantitative magnetic resonance imaging.
- Directly observed preventive therapy. Turning the tide against tuberculosis.
- Cholesterol in adolescents: whom to screen & how to treat.
- Chronic illness perception in adolescence: implications for the doctor-patient relationship.
Mrs. Malka R Kohn M.S.'s Practice location
BROOKLYN, NY 11234Get Direction
Mrs. Malka R Kohn M.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Ms. Joan Diane Kamerman SLP14737 CHARTER RD JAMAICA NY 11435
- Feigi Halberstam Other1651 Coney Island Ave Brooklyn NY 11230
- Ms. Renee Yvette Banks CCC-SLP11520 142ND ST SOUTH OZONE PARK NY 11436
- Dr. Anna Cintron abenis M.S., PSY.D.1225 Gerard Avenue Bronx NY 10452
- Kathleen Henne M.S. CF-SLP, TSSLD15050 14TH RD WHITESTONE NY 11357
- Mrs. Loreen M Beck SLP-CCC620 HWY 35 MIDDLETOWN NJ 07748