Dr. Robert Dixon is a radiologist practicing in Chapel Hill, NC. Dr. Dixon specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll of Med, Syracuse Ny 1988
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- Univ Of Nc Hosps, Vascular & Interventional Radiology; U Hosp-Suny Hlth Sci Ctr, Diagnostic Radiology; Akron Gen Med Ctr, Emergency Medicine
Robert Dixon MD's Practice location
Chapel Hill, NC 27599Get Direction
Hillsborough, NC 27278Get Direction
Chapel Hill, NC 27517Get Direction
Robert Dixon MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Sten Solander MD430 Waterstone Drive Hillsborough NC 27278
- Cherie Kuzmiak MD430 Waterstone Drive Hillsborough NC 27278
- Mary Scott Soo M.D.4101 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704
- Jay Baker M.D.Duke University Medical Ctr Durham NC 27710
- Christopher John Roth M.D.2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27705
- Peter George Kranz M.D.Departement Of Radiology Durham NC 27710