Dr. Scott Campbell Moran MD
Geriatric Psychiatrist | Geriatric Psychiatry8901 Wisconsin Ave Wrnmmc Dept Of Psych Bethesda MD, 20889
Dr. Scott Moran is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in Bethesda, MD. Dr. Moran specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Moran helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
Education and Training
Univ of Ar Coll of Med, Little Rock Ar 1998
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Tripler Army Med Ctr, Family Practice/Psychiatry; D D Eisenhower Army Med Ctr, Family Practice/Psychiatry
Dr. Scott Campbell Moran MD's Practice location
Bethesda, MD 20889Get Direction
BETHESDA, MD 20889Get Direction
Dr. Scott Campbell Moran MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Moran
- What is Cancer Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy, also referred as biological therapy, is a special type of cancer treatment aimed at boosting the body's immune system to help fight cancer cells. Cancer cells don’t die normally as other cells do, and divide uncontrollably with each cell making more of itself like a copy machine...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Dr. Steven Arnold Polakoff M.D.5530 Wisconsin Ave Chevy Chase MD 20815
- Dr. Dean James Storer MD1707 Osage St Alexandria VA 22302
- Dr. Andrew B Molchon MD1500 N Beauregard St Alexandria VA 22311
- Dr. Rama Prayaga MD9700 Leesburg Pike Great Falls VA 22066
- Dr. Walter Bland MD530 College St Nw Washington DC 20059
- Dr. David Frenkel M.D.6073 Arlington Blvd Falls Church VA 22044