Mr. Joseph Rosenthal MD
Hematologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Hematology-Oncology1500 E Duarte Rd Duarte CA, 91010
Dr. Joseph Rosenthal is a pediatric hematologist practicing in Duarte, CA. Dr. Rosenthal specializes in treating children that have a blood disease or cancer. Such blood diseases include disorders of red blood cells, white blood cells and/or platelets. The types of cancers that Dr. Rosenthal treats include leukemias, lymphomas and certain tumors. Dr. Rosenthal can also treat bleeding disorders in children. Pediatric hematologists can be found in childrens hospitals, community hospitals, university medical centers and more.
Education and Training
Tel Aviv Univ- Sackler Fac Of Med- Tel Aviv- Israel 1983
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology- 1996
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- 1995
- Member American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Member American Society of Physician Executives
- Member American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation
- Member Israel Pediatric Society
- University of Colorado, Denver, CO, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology 1991
Experience & Accolades
- Chair 2011 - 2014 Department of Pediatrics, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- Director 2011 - 2014 Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- Interim Chair 2009 - 2011 Department of Pediatrics, Duarte, CA
- Associate Professor 2002 - 2011 Director, Pediatric Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- Assistant Professor 1996 - 2002 Director, Pediatric Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
Mr. Joseph Rosenthal MD's Practice location
Duarte, CA 91010Get Direction
- Hypertension: When Should I Call a Doctor?
Emergency situations with high blood pressure, called hypertensive crisis, are common when blood pressure is very high. This is a serious situation, as it may lead to organ damage. If the increase in blood pressure is not too high to cause any problems to any of the organs it is referred to as...
- What is a Neck Lift?
The neck often ages at a more rapid rate, compared to the face. Moreover, the neck is a very delicate area, and if you put on any extra pounds, fat tends to store there. Although you may have put in the effort to lose any extra weight you may have gained, the neck is the last part of the body that...
- Study Finds 3% of Pediatric Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cases Are Transplant Recipients
Lymphoma is a blood cancer that affects both children and adults.Lymphoma begins its growth in the lymphatic white blood cells of the lymph system. This system is a major warrior in fighting off infections and diseases. It is part of the body’s immunity team.The lymph system loops throughout the...
- How Is Leukemia Diagnosed?
Leukemia in its early stages may present no signs or symptoms, as these only appear when the leukemia cells have taken over a large number of normal blood cells. A person with leukemia is very lucky indeed if early-stage detection occurs incidentally, through a routine blood test or one done for...
PurpuraPurpura refers to purple-colored spots that are usually seen on the skin, including mucous membranes and other organs. It is also called skin hemorrhages or blood spots.Purpura is usually recognized when there is pooling of blood under the skin due to ruptured small blood vessels. The size of...
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- Dr. Thomas D Coates MD4650 W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles CA 90027
- Ms. Judith Sato MD1500 E Duarte Rd Duarte CA 91010
- Dr. William Anthony May MD4650 W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles CA 90027
- Dr. Edward D Gomperts MD4650 W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles CA 90027
- Dr. Marcio Henrique Malogolowkin MD4650 W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles CA 90027
- Ms. Nadia Ewing MD1500 E Duarte Rd Duarte CA 91010