Dr. Christopher Giza M.D.
Neurologist (Pediatric) | Neurodevelopmental Disabilities10833 Le Conte Ave 12-441 Mdcc Los Angeles CA, 90095
Dr. Christopher Giza is a child neurologist practicing in Los Angeles, CA. Dr. Giza specializes in diagnosing and treating disorders of the nervous system in children from birth to young adulthood. With combined understanding of childhood illness and the special needs of each individual child and their family, Dr. Giza is able to help each patient improve the status of their health. Conditions such as seizures, delayed speech, weakness or frequent headaches are treated by child neurologists.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- 2014 Matson Memorial Lecturer, American Association of Neurological Surgeon
- Children's Memorial Research Center, Northwestern University 2012 Distinguished Lecturer Seminar Series
- Honored Guest and Speaker: J. Richard Baringer Graduation Symposium a 2011 University of Utah
- Brain Injury Association of California 2011 Professional in the Field Award
- 2010 Today's and Tomorrow's Children Fund (TTCF) Award
- 2009 Paul R. Dyken Scholarship Lecturer at the 34th Annual Meeting of the
- 2010-2012 Southern California Super Doctors
- 1996 Mead Johnson Award for Teaching Excellence in Pediatrics
- 2005 P.S. Ramani Oration Recipient at the 14th Annual Conference for the N
- UCLA supported by the Winokur Family Foundation thru the Child Neurol Shields Fellow
- Neuroscience, UCLA School of Medicine 1998
- Pediatric Neurology, UCLA School of Medicine 1994
Dr. Christopher Giza M.D.'s Practice location
Los Angeles, CA 90095Get Direction
- Living with Muscular Dystrophy and the Challenges of Daily Life
Muscular dystrophy is a genetic disorder characterized by gradually deteriorating muscular strength functions. It is primarily caused by mutations in the genes, specifically those that take care of proper muscular functioning and protein production. The disease affects people worldwide, according to...
- Childhood Alzheimer's Patient Dies due to Accident in Hospice Care
Mark and Lisa Bushaway, both 48 years old and living in the UK, grieve the loss of their 21-year-old daughter Emily due to Neimann-Pick Type C, otherwise known as childhood Alzheimer's, and are devastated to learn their younger daughter Sarah also has the genetic disorder.“With one, you think you...
- A Great Resource for Muscular Dystrophy Patients and Caregivers
There is a group of diseases which fall into the ‘neuromuscular disorders’ category and that are characterized by symptoms which, either directly or indirectly, impair the functioning of the muscles. The direct effect would be via the pathology of the voluntary muscle itself, while the indirect...
- What is World Autism Awareness Day?
Just like everyone else, people with autism move through substantial life changes. Their quality of life depends on the foundation that was provided during their childhood. In addition, there is ongoing support revolving around their medical, educational, social and family needs. There is no single...
- Jiffy Lube Steps Up to Join the 6th Muscle Up Muscular Dystrophy Fundraiser
Muscular dystrophy is a serious condition wherein one will lose a lot of muscle mass and have weaker muscles. The cause of muscular dystrophy is said to be the presence of mutations from a person’s genetics that would stop the production of a protein that forms the muscles. Symptoms can mostly be...
- The Keto Diet for Weight Loss
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, low-carb, adequate-protein diet that was designed by Dr. Russell Wilder in 1924. It became popular then for its effectiveness not only in treating epilepsy but in weight loss. After a few years, the popularity of the ketogenic diet began to wane as new...
- Dr. Raman Sankar M.D.10833 Le Conte Ave Los Angeles CA 90095
- Dr. Joyce Ying-chen Wu M.D.10833 Le Conte Avenue Los Angeles CA 90095
- Dr. Jason T Lerner M.D.10833 Le Conte Ave Los Angeles CA 90095
- Dr. William Shields M.D.10833 Le Conte Ave Los Angeles CA 90095
- Dr. Sarah Copeland M.D.10833 Le Conte Ave Los Angeles CA 90095
- Dr. Harley Ian Kornblum M.D.10833 Le Conte Ave Los Angeles CA 90095