Dr. Evelena Ontiveros is an oncologist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Ontiveros specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Ontiveros manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Education and Training
University of Ia Roy J & L Carver Com 2000
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hematology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology- 2010
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, Acute Myeloid Leukemia (aml), Myelodysplastic Syndromes (mds)
- Member American Society of Hematology
- University of Alabama Affiliated Hospitals 2004
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Microbiology - University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 2010
- Hematology-Oncology - University of California-Los Angeles, CA 2007
Dr. Evelena Ontiveros MD PHD's Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
DECATUR, IL 62526Get Direction
Dr. Evelena Ontiveros MD PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Prostate Cancer Asymptomatic?
What is prostate cancer?The prostate is a small gland located close to the bladder that produces prostatic fluid in men. This gland is responsible in the working of the male reproductive system. Prostate cancer is therefore a cancer that affects the prostate gland, causing growth of malignant cells...
- This Ovarian Cancer Survivor Advises Women to Stay True to Themselves
Those who have been through cancer often have some of the best advice on how to live life, as they have come so close to losing their own. This often creates an ability to distinguish what is important and what isn't, and Pam Scarpino now knows what is most important: staying true to oneself.Pam's...
- Survivors and Soulmates
“Every 3 minutes, a woman learns she has breast cancer. She is a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend. I am that woman. Every 13 minutes, a woman dies of the disease. I will not be that woman. I will survive.” This is a message by writer and fashion stylist Meredith Gray in the documentary...
- Breast Cancer: Signs, Symptoms, and Diagnosis
Breast cancer is the second most common cause of cancer related deaths in women. If breast cancer is diagnosed early, you are more likely to have a better outcome. So, it is always best to know the common signs and symptoms of breast cancer. Most women suffering with breast cancer may not show any...
- What Primary Care Providers Need to Know About Ovarian Cancer
In the United States, there will be 22,440 women diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2017 and over half of those cases will be fatal, according to the American Cancer Society. For women, ovarian cancer is the fifth leading cause of cancer deaths. And a woman’s risk of developing ovarian cancer in her...
- Alternative Treatments for Liver Cancer
Alternative treatments for liver cancer refer to alternative medical procedures rather than the conventional and allopathic medications used to treat liver cancer. They include herbs, traditional Chinese medicine and homeopathy among others. The alternative treatments require a certification and...
- Dr. Matthew Obinna Nwaneri M.D.200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Dr. Michael H Tomasson MD200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Dr. Roger D Gingrich MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Guido Tricot MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Margarida Magalhaes Silverman MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Gerald H Clamon MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242