Dr. Lauren Krapf is a speech language pathologist practicing in LIBERTYVILLE, IL. Dr. Krapf specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Krapf evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Krapf helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Lauren Krapf's Practice location
LIBERTYVILLE, IL 60048Get Direction
Lauren Krapf's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Heather Jackman M.A.902 W CYPRESS DR ARLINGTON HEIGHTS IL 60005
- Stephane Asimacopoulos Tziavaras CCC/SLP4355 LOMBARDY LN HOFFMAN ESTATES IL 60192
- Ashli Self8600 US HIGHWAY 14 CRYSTAL LAKE IL 60012
- Alexandra Duchek1815 W CENTRAL RD ARLINGTON HEIGHTS IL 60005
- Mr. Jacob Hogan Sanders MA, CCC-SLP16343 W ARLINGTON DR LIBERTYVILLE IL 60048
- Mrs. Mary Frances Fiedler M.A., CCC/SLP-L3410 W BRETONS DR MCHENRY IL 60050