Dr. Oluwole Popoola is a psychiatrist practicing in Columbia, MO. Dr. Popoola is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Popoola diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Popoola may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Popoola treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Oluwole Popoola MD, MPH's Practice location
Columbia, MO 65212Get Direction
Oluwole Popoola MD, MPH's reviewsWrite Review
- Xanax: Side Effects, Withdrawal Symptoms, & the Safe Way to Get Off the Drug
Xanax is a medication used to treat patients suffering from panic disorders, anxiety, and depression due to anxiety. Xanax is a part of the drug family or class benzodiazepines.Effects of this drug usually start within twenty-five minutes of taking it and provide relief for up to a few hours....
- What Is a Sociopath? Definition, Characteristics, and Treatment
A sociopath is an individual who has a personality disorder, which is characterized by antisocial, deceitful, and manipulative tendencies. Sociopaths also lack empathy and usually have a hard time forming relationships. Most of the time they are irresponsible, and in worst cases, do not have a...
- Are Stimulants Good for My Child?
Most parents whose children suffer from the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) reject the consumption of caffeinated drinks. They often think that such drinks could worsen their children’s symptoms. So why do medical doctors prescribe sedatives to kids experiencing severe ADHD...
- What Are the Factors that Contribute to Autism?
The causes of autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) are still unclear. Even though research shows that genetic factors are predominate, they are not the one and only cause. In fact, it’s much more likely that there are multiple causes rather than just one.1. Genetic FactorsThere are multiple studies...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- What Is Celexa and Is It Safe During Pregnancy?
Anxiety and depression are medical conditions associated with the brain. While the complexities of these conditions are highly intense, in simple language, they are referred to as chemical imbalances in the brain. The most common medications used when it comes to the treatment of depression and...
- Dr. Efosa Airuehia MD1 HOSPITAL DR COLUMBIA MO 65212
- Dr. Emaya Anbalagan MDOne Hospital Drive Columbia MO 65212
- Dr. Howard Houghton MDONE HOSPITAL DR COLUMBIA MO 65212
- Dr. Stephanie D Bagby-stone MD1101 Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65212
- Dr. Efosa Airuehia MD1 Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65212
- Dr. Karrisa Ann Grellner M.D.One Hospital Drive Columbia MO 65212