Dr. Charles Jennissen is a pediatric emergency medicine physician practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Jennissen specializes in providing care for critically ill and injured children. Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physicians possess a vast amount of knowledge in areas such as neonatology, critical care and forensic pediatrics. Children involved in automobile accidents, child abuse or near-drowning episodes are frequent cases treated by pediatric emergency medicine physicians.
Education and Training
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1986
University of Mn Med Sch 1986
University of Minnesota Medical School 1986
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- All-terrain vehicle injury prevention: healthcare providers' knowledge, attitudes, and the anticipatory guidance they provide.
- More fatal all-terrain vehicle crashes occur on the roadway than off: increased risk-taking characterises roadway fatalities.
- A school-based study of adolescent all-terrain vehicle exposure, safety behaviors, and crash experience.
- Age-based risk factors for pediatric ATV-related fatalities.
- The Safety Tips for ATV Riders (STARs) programme: short-term impact of a school-based educational intervention.
- All-terrain vehicle fatalities on paved roads, unpaved roads, and off-road: Evidence for informed roadway safety warnings and legislation.
- What You May Not Know About All-Terrain Vehicle-Related Deaths and Injuries.
- All-terrain vehicle safety knowledge, riding behaviors and crash experience of Farm Progress Show attendees.
- Pediatric moped-related injuries in the United States from 2002 to 2014: Age-related comparisons of mechanisms and outcomes.
- Engaging Agribusinesses: Feasibility and Cost of an ATV Safety Poster Project.
- Using Geospatial Mapping to Determine the Impact of All-Terrain Vehicle Crashes on Both Rural and Urban Communities.
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Pediatrics
- University Of Iowa College Of Medicine
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. Charles Anthony Jennissen MD's Practice location
Dr. Charles Anthony Jennissen MD's reviewsWrite Review
- 14 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Genital Warts
If you notice any swelling or small lesions around your genital or anal area, then they probably are warts. Warts are flesh-colored bumps on the skin. They are generally not painful but could be very itchy.Genital warts are common skin infections caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). This...
- Is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Treatable?
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) refers to the persistent, extreme tiredness that is not caused by any underlying medical conditions, and affects the normal day-to-day activities. The fatigue in this case may continue for more than six months and may be accompanied by other symptoms, like joint pain....
- What is the Impact of High Blood Pressure?
What is High Blood Pressure?High blood pressure is a condition whereby an individual’s blood vessels become strained due to high pressure by the blood flowing in them. It’s a dangerous condition not because it has any negative side-effects on its own but because of the potential health problems...
- Is Meningitis Contagious?
Caused by bacteria and viruses, meningitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord known as the meninges. The inflammation is usually caused by an infection of the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. It can develop as a result of injury,...
- Treatment for Meningitis
The severity of meningitis varies from one person to another. In common cases, medications can help solve the problem and the person may recover within 1 to 3 weeks. But in cases where there is a risk of the infection spreading to the meninges, hospitalization and other confirmation tests might be...
- The Value of Clinical Intuition: Kids also Experience Drug Side Effects
Clinical intuition is difficult to describe. Personally, it is the art of integrating nonverbal information that a patient presents in order to reach a diagnosis, reducing the need for diagnostic testing. This is especially important in children who often react differently to procedures, tests and...