Dr. George Ronald Walters MD
Ophthalmologist3000 39th St Suite 102 Port Arthur TX, 77642
Dr. George Walters is an ophthalmologist practicing in Port Arthur, TX. Dr. Walters specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Walters can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Walters can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 1975
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Tulane Univ Hosp & Clis, Ophthalmology; Confederate Mem Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. George Ronald Walters MD's Practice location
Port Arthur, TX 77642Get Direction
Dr. George Ronald Walters MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Walters
- What is Chalazion? Know about its Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
What is Chalazion?A chalazion is a benign and painless nodule which can occur in the upper or lower eyelid. It is common and is sometimes called a meibomian cyst or a tarsal cyst. The term chalazion (pronounced kah-la'-ze-on) originates from the Greek word which means a small lump. These nodules...
- Alternative Treatments For Cataracts
Approximately, a fifth of all people above the age of 60 have at least mild cataracts, and at the age of 75, that number increases significantly.A cataract presents itself as a reduction of clarity in the eye lens. A normal eye lens is comprised of clear water and variety of proteins. The lens...
- Cataract Surgery: What is an Intraocular Lens?
When the eye’s natural lenses are removed during cataract surgery, they are replaced by artificial lenses known as intraocular lenses (IOLs). They are also used to correct a patient’s vision during a surgical procedure known as refractive lens exchange.Intraocular lenses are FDA-approved and...
- What are Cataracts: Get the Facts
Cataract is the blurring of the lens part of the eye that can lead to complications in vision. Aging is the cause of the common form of cataract. It grows slowly and should symptoms develop they should not be ignored as this condition worsens with time. Congenital defects, previous eye surgery,...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cataract Surgery
What is a cataract?Sometimes there is a clouding of the lens in the eye; this clouding is called a cataract. Mostly, this clouding is related to old age. In fact, the majority of Americans aged 80 and above have experienced this clouding or have already undergone a cataract surgery at a particular...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Dr. Vivek Raizada M.D.3345 Plaza 10 Dr Beaumont TX 77707
- Dr. Essene C. Bell M.D.3000 39th St Port Arthur TX 77642
- Dr. Joann Hensel M.D3129 College St Beaumont TX 77701
- Dr. Damien M Luviano M.D.3570 College St Beaumont TX 77701
- Dr. Mark Kevin Harmon M.D.3345 Plaza 10 Dr Beaumont TX 77707
- Dr. Jerry S Lehmann MD3129 College St Beaumont TX 77701