Family Practitioner3024 E Empire St Bloomington IL, 61704
Dr. Raju Shanmugam is a family practitioner practicing in Bloomington, IL. Dr. Shanmugam specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Shanmugam possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
- Asthma, Skin Issues, Diabetes And More
- High Cholesterol
- Back Pain
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Vascular Disease
Raju Shanmugam's Practice location
Bloomington, IL 61704Get Direction
ROCKFORD, IL 61114Get Direction
- Atrial Fibrillation: Get the Facts
Atrial fibrillation is a heart condition that occurs due to an irregular or abnormal beating of the heart. It is a serious medical condition that can result in fatality if not treated.An abnormal heartbeat takes place when the pace of the atria and that of the ventricles are not in harmony. The...
- Alternative Treatments for Gallstones
Alternative Treatments For GallstonesA huge percentage of gallstones never show symptoms, but the moment a stone stops moving on its way to the small intestines from the gallbladder, trouble begins. That’s when signs start occurring, among them severe pain on the ride side of the abdomen that...
- Rapid Shallow Breathing (Tachypnea): Causes and Treatments
What is rapid shallow breathing?Rapid, shallow breathing, also medically called as tachypnea, is a term used to describe a breathing that is too fast, particularly when people have it due to a lung disease or other health conditions. Sometimes, rapid, shallow breathing and hyperventilation...
- What Is Asthma: Get the Facts
Asthma is a lung condition where the lung bronchioles constrict and get filled with mucus, narrowing the passage for air to pass through. It is a non-curable condition. However, the symptoms can be suppressed with proper medication, exercise (as prescribed by the doctor, or else, doing inappropriate...
- How Exactly Does Terbinafine Work to Treat Jock Itch?
What is terbinafine?Terbinafine is an antifungal that works by stopping fungi from growing. Topical terbinafine is used for the treatment of fungal skin infections, such as ringworm, jock itch, and athlete's foot. Oral terbinafine tablets are often prescribed when it comes to treating fungal...
- What Does It Mean If Your Nipple Is Inverted?
What are inverted nipples?Inverted nipples, also called as nipple retraction, nipple inversion, or invaginated nipple, is a condition in which the nipples point inward instead of out. In some women, nipple retraction can be present at birth. In some cases, the condition may develop due to trauma or...
- Dr. Scott Carrington MD3024 East Empire Street Bloomington IL 61704
- Dr. Sumit Ranjan MD1302 Franklin Ave Normal IL 61761
- Dr. Michael R. Mustard MD1437 E COLLEGE AVE NORMAL IL 61761
- Dr. Adam D. Houghton MD9 HEARTLAND DR BLOOMINGTON IL 61704
- Dr. Jack P Spaniol MD308 Saint Joseph Dr Bloomington IL 61701
- Dr. Timothy J Buffey DO1300 Franklin Ave Normal IL 61761