Dr. Michael Kuettel MD
Radiation Oncologist | Radiation OncologyElm and Carlton St Buffalo NY, 14263
Dr. Michael Kuettel practices Radiation Oncology in Buffalo, NY. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Kuettel specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
Northwestern Uniiversity 1985
Northwestern University The Feinberg School of Medicine 1985
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology- 1992
- American Cancer Society Clinical Fellow
- First Place in Basic Sciences - Roche Laboratories National Medical Student Research Award
- National Medical Student Research Forum Excellence of Research Award
- Northwestern University Medical School AOA Presidential Award
- 2011 American Society of Radiation Oncology
- 2009 American College of Radiology
- 2003 American College of Radiation Oncology
- 1993 Radiology Society of North America - Research & Education Scholar
- 1988 American Cancer Society
- 1985 National Medical Student Research Award
- 1984 AOA Presidential Award
- 1983 Teratology Society
- 1982 American Heart Association
- Prostate Cancer
- Member American Brachytherapy Society
- Member American Urological Association
- Johns Hopkins Hosp, Radiation Oncology; Mc Gaw Mc/Northwestern Univ, Internal Medicine
- Northwestern University Affiliated Hospitals
- Johns Hopkins University Affiliated Hospitals 1987
- Internal Medicine, Northwestern Hospital, Chicago, Illinois 1985
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Program A
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Molecular Oncology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 1983
Experience & Accolades
- Professor 1999 - 2014Chairman, Department of Radiation Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute & State University of New
- Professor 1999 - 2014 Department of Molecular and Cellular Biophysics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Associate Professor 1995 - 1999 Department of Radiation Medicine, Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Associate Professor 1995 - 1999 Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Assistant Professor 1993 - 1995 Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Assistant Professor 1990 - 1995 Department of Radiation Medicine, Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Clinical Fellow 1988 - 1989 Division of Radiation Oncology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Chief Resident 1988 - 1989 Division of Radiation Oncology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Member1983 - 1985 Research Associate, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Northwestern University Medical Schoo
- Professor 1999 - 2014 Chair, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, University at Buffalo
- Associate Professor 1995 - 1999 Georgetown University Medical Center
- Assistant Professor Department of Radiation & Cell Biology, Georgetown University
- Member1990 - 1995 Medical Center
Dr. Michael Kuettel MD's Practice location
Buffalo, NY 14263Get Direction
The Woodlands, TX 77384Get Direction
Dr. Michael Kuettel MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kuettel
- Radiation Therapy vs Chemotherapy
Radiation TherapyIn this method, the doctors will use gamma rays, x-rays, and charged particles that will be directed at, implanted, or introduced directly into the blood stream. In this form of treatment, you will find the three types of therapy that will all be described according to way they...
- What Is Stage 4 Bladder Cancer?
Stage 4 bladder cancer is a bladder cancer that has spread through the bladder wall. In this stage, cancer has also invaded the lymph nodes, abdominal wall, and other body organs. This type of cancer is also known as "metastatic" bladder cancer.Stage 4 bladder cancer applies to bladder cancer that...
- She Survived Breast Cancer, But Says a Treatment Side Effect Almost Killed Her
In 2014, 47-year-old Virginia Harrod found a lump in her breast, which turned about to be stage III breast cancer. She was immediately started on shock-and-awe chemotherapy, but as it turned out, the cancer was chemo-resistant and the tumor only grew with each treatment. Harrod then underwent a...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- Financially Managing Lymphoma Care
If you are living with lymphoma, one of your main concerns may be the payment charges that seem to be piling up too quickly. It can be stressful enough living with cancer, let alone having to worry about going into debt. For this reason, it is important to become aware of the different expenses...
- What Are the Side Effects of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy, also known as radiotherapy, is a procedure that is used mainly to treat cancer and other conditions such as thyroid disorders, non-cancerous growths, and blood disorders. Just like other types of treatment, radiotherapy often causes side effects. The side effects generally depend...
- Dr. Andrew J Evans MD1000 10th Ave New York NY 10019
- Dr. Dhiren K Shah MD2121 Main St Buffalo NY 14214
- Dr. Nadia Karen Malik MDElm and Carlton St Buffalo NY 14263
- Dr. Johnny Yap MDElm and Carlton St Buffalo NY 14263
- Dr. Muhammad Zafar Iqbal M.D.306 Grant Ave Auburn NY 13021
- Dr. Gregory Hare MDElm and Carlton St Buffalo NY 14263