Dr. Thomas Vincent Adamkiewicz MD
Gastroenterologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Gastroenterology1513 Cleveland Ave Bldg 500 Atlanta GA, 30344
Thomas Adamkiewicz MD is a primary care doctor who specializes in family medicine, hematology & oncology.Dr. Adamkiewicz is licensed to practice in Georgia. He practices family medicine, hematology & ...
Education and Training
Univ De Montreal- Fac De Med- Montreal- Que- Canada 1982
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Peripheral vs. central blood cultures in patients admitted to a pediatric oncology ward.
- Increased blood culture sensitivity in pediatric oncology patients: is it the peripheral culture or increased collected blood volume?
- Genetic polymorphisms linked to susceptibility to malaria.
- Plasma BDNF and PDGF-AA levels are associated with high TCD velocity and stroke in children with sickle cell anemia.
- Contribution of Sickle Cell Disease to the Pediatric Stroke Burden Among Hospital Discharges of African-Americans-United States, 1997-2012.
- Natural killer lectin-like receptors have divergent carboxy-termini, distinct from C-type lectins.
- Neonatal Clostridium sordellii toxic omphalitis.
- Plastic bronchitis: an unusual complication associated with sickle cell disease and the acute chest syndrome.
- Infection due to Yersinia enterocolitica in a series of patients with beta-thalassemia: incidence and predisposing factors.
- Ny & Presby Hp-P Whitney Cln, Pediatrics; Mc Gill Univ Fac Med Hosp, Pediatrics; Mc Gill Univ Fac Med Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Thomas Vincent Adamkiewicz MD's Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30344Get Direction
Atlanta, GA 30341Get Direction
Dr. Thomas Vincent Adamkiewicz MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Adamkiewicz
- What Is Jaundice: Get the Facts
Jaundice is the yellowish color that often appears on the skin of newborns. This condition develops when bilirubin builds up in the baby’s blood. While pregnant, the mother’s liver gets rid of the infant’s bilirubin; however, after birth, the child’s liver eliminates the bilirubin on its...
- Cholera and Diarrhea
How Is Cholera Related to Diarrhea? Cholera is an infection that occurs in the small intestines. It is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. The disease is acquired through the intake of contaminated food or water. When an infected person defecates and then clean water comes into contact...
- Study Says Six Meals a Day is Best for Diabetic Patients
According to the research conducted by the Centers for Disease Control, more than 29 million people in America are diagnosed to have diabetes while 86 million are reported to have pre-diabetes. It is stated that one of the primary causes of the aggravating number of diabetes development among many...
- Celiac Disease Patients No Longer Considered High-Risk for Cancer
How celiac disease can affect the bodyThere have been numerous studies that were conducted to show the effects that celiac disease might or might not have in relation to the body. This particular one has looked into patients for a span of ten years, measuring how different conditions developed...
- How Long Does the Stomach Flu Last?
What is a stomach flu?Gastroenteritis, also known as the "stomach flu" or "gastric flu", is the inflammation of the lining of the stomach and intestines. It is usually caused by a virus attacking the gastrointestinal system, although it can also be brought about by bacterial or parasitic...
- Growing Concerns with Gluten Lead to Surge in Gluten-Free Magazines
Multiple Health Issues Discourage Gluten in FoodsCeliac disease, a genetic problem that causes the immune system to attack the small intestine where gluten is ingested, is now estimated to affect 1 out of every 100 people worldwide. It can be tracked due to a DNA marker which indicates its presence....
- Dr. Jay Alan Hochman MD993-D Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta GA 30342
- Dr. Stanley A Cohen MD993-D Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta GA 30342
- Dr. Jeffrey Alan Blumenthal MD993-D Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta GA 30342
- Dr. Nirav Raman Patel M.D.2113 Adams Grv Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Jeremy P. Middleton M.D.1405 Clifton Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Rene Romero MD2015 Uppergate Dr Atlanta GA 30322