Dr. Karissa Miller is a speech language pathologist practicing in POCATELLO, ID. Dr. Miller specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Miller evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Miller helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Karissa Deanne Miller's Practice location
POCATELLO, ID 83201Get Direction
Karissa Deanne Miller's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- Cheryl Zaremba M.S. CCC-SLP896 LUCILLE AVE POCATELLO ID 83201
- Casey Ulrich M.S.CCC-SLP13413 N MOONGLOW LN CHUBBUCK ID 83202
- Ms. Jacie Jean Pollard M.S., CCC-SLP1110 CALL CREEK DR POCATELLO ID 83201
- Mrs. Serena Dawn Huff CCC-SLP1110 CALL CREEK DR STE 7 POCATELLO ID 83201
- Patricia Taylor MS, CCC-SLP/A5170 W YARROW RD POCATELLO ID 83201
- Mrs. Wendy Kay Lee M.S. CCC-SLP1110 CALL CREEK DR STE 7 POCATELLO ID 83201