Dr. Lorenzo Davide Botto M.D.
Geneticist | Clinical Genetics (M.D.)Medical Genetics Univ Utah 50 North Medical Dr 4c412 Som Salt Lake City UT, 84132
Dr. Lorenzo Botto practices Genetic Medicine in Salt Lake City, UT. As a geneticist, Dr. Botto performs experiments and analyzes data to interpret the inheritance of different traits in patients. A geneticist evaluates, diagnoses, and manages patients with hereditary conditions or congenital malformations, genetic risk calculations, and mutation analysis. Dr. Botto carries out studies, tests, and counsels patients with genetic diseases.
Medical GeneticsAmerican Board of Medical GeneticsABMG
- Re: "Maternal vitamin use, genetic variation of infant methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase, and risk for spina bifida".
- Neural-tube defects.
- 5,10-Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene variants and congenital anomalies: a HuGE review.
- Occurrence of congenital heart defects in relation to maternal mulitivitamin use.
- Limb defects associated with major congenital anomalies: clinical and epidemiological study from the International Clearinghouse for Birth Defects Monitoring Systems.
- Infant mortality and congenital anomalies from 1950 to 1994: an international perspective.
- Racial and temporal variations in the prevalence of heart defects.
- On the symmetry of limb deficiencies among children with multiple congenital anomalies.
- Mortality associated with congenital heart defects in the United States: trends and racial disparities, 1979-1997.
- Maternal prepregnancy weight and congenital heart defects in offspring.
- Congenital heart defects, maternal febrile illness, and multivitamin use: a population-based study.
- Occurrence of omphalocele in relation to maternal multivitamin use: a population-based study.
- Maternal fever, multivitamin use, and selected birth defects: evidence of interaction?
- Spina bifida and folate-related genes: a study of gene-gene interactions.
Dr. Lorenzo Davide Botto M.D.'s Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84132Get Direction
Dr. Lorenzo Davide Botto M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Botto
- What is Neurofibromatosis?
Neurofibromatosis is a genetic disorder that affects the development of nerve cells and tissues in the body, leading to the formation of tumors in different parts of the nervous system. These tumors, also known as neurofibromas, may develop in the brain, spinal cord, along the nerves, or under the...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- The Function and Structure of DNA
Deoxyribonucleic acid or DNA is a molecule that contains the instructions an organism needs to develop, live and reproduce. These instructions are found inside every cell and are passed down from parents to their children.The Structure of DNADNA contains molecules called nucleotides, which possess a...
- Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?
Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?Cancer is caused by a change in your genetic sequence. Genes are responsible for designing your body. Any alteration at that level will alter your body patterns.Cancer is an uncontrolled production of abnormal cells. Usually new cells are formed when your body needs...
- Adalia Rose
OverviewAdalia Rose is an American internet star. She was born with Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome, which is a premature aging disease. This genetic condition is also commonly known as progeria. During her early infancy stage, her body was much older than the normal age. In spite of her...