Dr. Gerald William Smetana M.D.
Internist330 Brookline Ave Boston MA, 02215
Dr. Gerald Smetana is an internist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Smetana specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Smetana provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, San Francisco, Sch of Med, San Francisco Ca 1984
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Preoperative pulmonary evaluation.
- Primary psoas abscess due to Fusobacterium nucleatum.
- The diagnostic value of historical features in primary headache syndromes: a comprehensive review.
- Clinicians, educators, and investigators in general internal medicine: bridging the gaps.
- Preoperative pulmonary assessment of the older adult.
- Factors that influence patient response to requests to change to a unified restrictive formulary.
- Preoperative pulmonary evaluation: identifying and reducing risks for pulmonary complications.
- Strategies to reduce postoperative pulmonary complications after noncardiothoracic surgery: systematic review for the American College of Physicians.
- A 68-year-old man with COPD contemplating colon cancer surgery.
- Perioperative cardiac evaluation: novel interventions and clinical challenges.
- Update in perioperative medicine.
- Preoperative pulmonary update.
- Medical evaluation of patients undergoing electroconvulsive therapy.
- Perioperative medicine update.
- Identification and evaluation of the patient with lung disease.
Dr. Gerald William Smetana M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Gerald William Smetana M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Smetana
- What Is Vistaril Used For?
What is Vistaril (hydroxyzine)?Vistaril is a medication used to reduce central nervous system activity. It is an antihistamine drug that can help reduce the effects of histamine in the body and relieve symptoms of allergy, such as histamine-induced itch, hives, and contact dermatitis.Vistaril is...
- How Your Father’s Genes Can Affect Your Ovarian Cancer Risk
It is well known that inherited mutations in BRCA1/BRCA2 genes increase the risk of breast and ovarian cancers, as well as other types of cancer. An altered mutation in the BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene can be inherited from an individual’s mother or father. ...
- Do I Need a Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) Supplement?
Coenzyme Q10 or Co Q10 is a nutrient that is present in many foods and also occurs naturally in the body. This nutrient has antioxidant properties and plays an important role in protecting the cells from oxidative damage. Most people have adequate amounts of this nutrient in the body. But the levels...
- Apples Rank Number One on the Dirty Dozen's List
Apples are contaminated with pesticides and tops the list of ‘dirty dozen’, while onions are rated as the best among the ‘Clean 15’. The ratings are provided by consumer advocates at the nonprofit Environmental Working Group (EWG), based on the pesticides test conducted by the U.S....
- What Is Colchicine?
Generic Name: ColchicineBrand Name: ColcrysWhat is colchicine?Colchicine is an oral medication, which is available as a generic and brand-name drug. Colchicine is a prescription drug. The generic form of this drug is usually less expensive than the branded ones. In certain cases, the generic ones...
- Vitamin D Deficiency Signs and Symptoms
What is vitamin D?Vitamin D is an important element to building strong and healthy bones as well as good overall health. It is also a vital nutrient that makes sure that the brain, lungs, heart, and muscles function well.Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin. The body can make its own vitamin D when...
- Pablo Rengifo-Moreno M.D.736 Cambridge St Brighton MA 02135
- Dr. Connie H. Chen MD16 HAYDEN AVE LEXINGTON MA 02421
- Hemangi Sane27 Lanark Road Brighton MA 2135
- John Szymanski192 North Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923
- Dr. Daniela Capriles M.D.131 Old Rd To 9 Acre Cor Concord MA 01742
- Dr. Jean S. Bonnet M.D.745 RIVER ST MATTAPAN MA 02126