Dr. Margaret Lohner is a speech language pathologist practicing in DULUTH, GA. Dr. Lohner specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Lohner evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Lohner helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Ms. Margaret Lohner's Practice location
DULUTH, GA 30096Get Direction
Ms. Margaret Lohner's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Valerie S Rapowitz M.S.,C.C.C.,SLP1593 ASHEFORDE DR MARIETTA GA 30068
- Mrs. Amanda Gail Chung MS, CCC-SLP3500 ANNANDALE LN SUWANEE GA 30024
- Mrs. Anita Bullock-morley M.A., CCC-SLP1892 HOSEA L WILLIAMS DR NE ATLANTA GA 30317
- Maryanne M Weatherill M.S., CCC-SLP1441 CLIFTON RD NE ATLANTA GA 30322
- Marika King SLP4961 BUFORD HWY STE 201 CHAMBLEE GA 30341
- Colleen Curcillo Brennan M.A., CCC-SLP2899 FIVE FORKS TRICKUM RD LAWRENCEVILLE GA 30044