Dr. Ariel Porcalla is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in Memphis, TN. Dr. Porcalla specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
Dr. Ariel Ramiez Porcalla M.D., M.P.H.'s Practice location
Memphis, TN 38116Get Direction
Dr. Ariel Ramiez Porcalla M.D., M.P.H.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Team of Specialists Should I Contact if I Have Meningitis?
As complex as it is, meningitis can sometimes be a threat to life. Treating meningitis can be tricky, hence, it needs a team of medical practitioners to make a diagnosis and offer treatment for the condition. You can call your doctor immediately under the following circumstances:...
- What to Expect on Your Future Visits to the Doctor After You Have Been Diagnosed with Lyme Disease
A diagnosis of Lyme disease immediately calls for a 2-4 week course of antibiotics. Doxycycline, amoxicillin, and cefuroxime axetil are some of the antibiotics most commonly used to treat Lyme disease. However, treatment may still vary depending on the symptoms present and the stage at which the...
- Is Cholera Contagious?
Is Cholera Contagious?Cholera is one of the most dangerous infections that has claimed the lives of many people especially people living in very poor environmental areas. These are areas where there is poor sanitation, poor ventilation, and dirty water. Most of the victims of cholera over many years...
- Home Remedies for Chickenpox
What can relieve the itching sensation if my child has chickenpox?...
- What Should I Do If My Baby Has Mumps?
What is mumps?Mumps is a highly contagious viral infection. The virus invades the parotid glands of the individual causing pain and inflammation of these glands. It is characterized by a “hamster-like” swelling of the patient’s face. The initial symptoms may take up to two weeks to manifest....
- Are there any alternative methods of immunization for my child apart from the vaccinations?
Center for Disease control (CDC) and Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (APIC) have 14 vaccinations before the age of 2 years. This makes some parents concerned as it might overwhelm the immune system of their child. There are two options that parents can opt for• Selective vaccine...
- Dr. Elaine I Tuomanen MDSt. Jude Children's Research Hospital Memphis TN 38105
- Dr. Elisabeth E Adderson MD262 Danny Thomas Place. , Ms 0515 Memphis TN 38105
- Dr. Boyce Keith English MD1910 Nonconnah Blvd Memphis TN 38132
- Sarah Habbal262 DANNY THOMAS PL MEMPHIS TN 38105
- Akinobu Kamei M.D.262 Danny Thomas Pl # Ms 320 Memphis TN 38105
- Dr. Timothy Dean Minniear M.D.3674 GOODMAN RD E SOUTHAVEN MS 38672