Dr. Julie A Stapleton M.D.
Physiatrist (Physical Medicine)5277 Manhattan Cir Suite 100 Boulder CO, 80303
Dr. Julie Stapleton is a physiatrist practicing in Boulder, CO. Dr. Stapleton is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Stapleton focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Stapleton can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
Univ of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 1985
University of Mi Med Sch 1985
University of Michigan Medical School 1985
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR
- Prescription of transdermal nicotine patches for smoking cessation in general practice: evaluation of cost-effectiveness.
- Dramatic decline in circulating intercellular adhesion molecule-1 concentration on quitting tobacco smoking.
- Circulating concentrations of C-reactive protein and total sialic acid in tobacco smokers remain unchanged following one year of validated smoking cessation.
- Plasma concentrations of reputed tumor-associated soluble CD44 isoforms (v5 and v6) in smokers are dose related and decline on smoking cessation.
- Dose-years as an improved index of cumulative tobacco smoke exposure.
- Validation of smoking status in clinical research into inflammatory periodontal disease.
- Effect of nicotine replacement and quitting smoking on circulating adhesion molecule profiles (sICAM-1, sCD44v5, sCD44v6).
- Randomised controlled trial of nasal nicotine spray in smoking cessation.
- How cost-effective is 'No Smoking Day'?
- Prospective study of factors predicting uptake of smoking in adolescents.
- Nicotine gum use and outcome in a general practitioner intervention against smoking.
- Nicotine intake in young smokers: longitudinal study of saliva cotinine concentrations.
- District programme to reduce smoking: effect of clinic supported brief intervention by general practitioners.
- District programme to reduce smoking: can sustained intervention by general practitioners affect prevalence?
- Predictors of outcome in a general practitioner intervention against smoking.
- Care of the child with fever: a quality assurance study.
- Cimetidine usage for unlabeled conditions in an ambulatory care service.
- Dose effects and predictors of outcome in a randomized trial of transdermal nicotine patches in general practice.
- Glycerol particle cigarettes: a less harmful option for chronic smokers.
- Targeting heavy smokers in general practice: randomised controlled trial of transdermal nicotine patches.
- Naltrexone, smoking behaviour and cigarette withdrawal.
- Mood and physiological effects of subcutaneous nicotine in smokers and never-smokers.
- How much does relapse after one year erode effectiveness of smoking cessation treatments? Long-term follow up of randomised trial of nicotine nasal spray.
- Nicotine availability from Eclipse tobacco-heating cigarette.
- Chronic Pain
- Neck Pain
- Brain Tumor
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Univ Of Mi Hosps & Hlth Ctrs, Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation
- University Of Mi Hosps and Health Ctrs
Dr. Julie A Stapleton M.D.'s Practice location
Boulder, CO 80303Get Direction
Dr. Julie A Stapleton M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stapleton
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Autism: The Early Signs and Symptoms
Social DifficultiesSocial disconnection is one of the most obvious signs of autism. Children with autism may appear uninterested, or unable to communicate and connect to the social world. Children with autism may not respond to their name being called, and may seem very distant. This is because they...
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- Reduce the Risk of Osteoporosis
Diets for OsteoporosisThe type of food you eat has a significant impact on your bones. Being informed of the foods that are highly enriched in calcium and vitamin D will always help you in making healthy food choices.If you take a well-balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, dairy, and fish,...
- What Happens During a Laminectomy?
What is a laminectomy?You may experience back pain that affects your day-to-day activities. Your doctor may recommend that you undergo a surgical procedure called laminectomy.Laminectomy is a surgical operation, in which the lamina is removed. This helps relieve pressure that is exerted on the nerve...
- Shin Splints: What Is RICE?
he pain caused by the overuse of the shinbone, which is the large front bone in the lower leg, is known as a shin splint. Shin splints are usually characterized by pain in the inner part of the shin bone or the tibia. Shin splints are also known as medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS). This...
- Dr. Nicholas Olsen D.O.8515 Pearl St Denver CO 80229
- Dr. Yusuke Wakeshima MD2801 Youngfield St Golden CO 80401
- Dr. John Tobey MD5387 Manhattan Cir Boulder CO 80303
- Dr. Brandon Micah Brevig D.O.4901 W 38th Ave Denver CO 80212
- Dr. George A. Leimbach M.D.9025 Grant St Denver CO 80229
- Dr. Michelle Pepper MD5387 Manhattan Cir Boulder CO 80303