Dr. Karen Brandt Onel M.D.
Rheumatologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Rheumatology5841 S Maryland Ave Mc5044 Chicago IL, 60637
Dr. Karen Onel practices Pediatric Rheumatology in Chicago, IL. Pediatric rheumatologists treat child patients who suffer from pain in the musculoskeletal system, have symptoms of arthritis, or an autoimmune disorder. Dr. Onel evaluates and treats a variety of joint, muscle, and bone disorders; including autoimmune disorders, such as lupus, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, Kawasaki disease, post-infectious arthritis, chronic vasculitis, and inflammatory disorders of the muscle, eye, or other organs. Dr. Onel also is trained in the evaluation of prolonged fever, unexplained complaints of chronic musculoskeletal pain, weakness, poor appetite, fatigue, and/or loss of function or skills.
Education and Training
Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medicine Research, Pondicherry University 1989
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Rheumatology
- Advances in the medical treatment of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
- Thalidomide therapy for recalcitrant systemic onset juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
- Lyme arthritis presenting as acute septic arthritis in children.
- Combined intravenous methotrexate and cyclophosphamide for refractory childhood lupus nephritis.
- Quality of life in paediatric lupus.
- Thalidomide for severe systemic onset juvenile rheumatoid arthritis: A multicenter study.
- Relationship of quality of life and physical function measures with disease activity in children with systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Quality of life in children with systemic lupus erythematosus: a review.
- Do children with lupus have fewer male siblings?
- Physical function assessment tools in pediatric rheumatology.
- Lack of association of the TP53 Arg72Pro SNP and the MDM2 SNP309 with systemic lupus erythematosus in Caucasian, African American, and Asian children and adults.
- Contraception for adolescents with lupus.
- Anti-tumor necrosis factor therapy and cancer risk in patients with autoimmune disorders.
- The clinical spectrum of juvenile idiopathic arthritis in a large urban population.
- Tumor necrosis factor inhibitors and cancer in juvenile idiopathic arthritis: disentangling the web.
Dr. Karen Brandt Onel M.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60637Get Direction
NEW YORK, NY 10021Get Direction
Dr. Karen Brandt Onel M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Onel
- 14 Warning Signs of Lupus
When the body attacks its own cells and organs including the skin, joints, kidneys, heart, lungs, blood, and brain, the condition is called lupus. It is an autoimmune disease brought about because the body can’t distinguish between healthy cells and foreign germs or viruses. It is a chronic...
- The Reality Behind Juvenile-Onset Fibromyalgia
Over time, more and more health conditions have been discovered, which has ultimately led to a more informed healthcare system. These breakthroughs have been thanks to a neverending goal of creating more efficient treatment options, which is being done as technology improves and becomes more...
- According To New Research The Juvenile Arthritis Diagnosis Is Improving
Arthritis has been at the center of countless medical research in recent years, mainly due to the pain and limitations it places on its sufferers. Arthritis is also often thought to be a condition regulated to the elderly and older adults, but this is not always the case. Many children and young...
- Adalia Rose
OverviewAdalia Rose is an American internet star. She was born with Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome, which is a premature aging disease. This genetic condition is also commonly known as progeria. During her early infancy stage, her body was much older than the normal age. In spite of her...
- Steroids for Muscular Dystrophy: Prednisone
Steroids are touted as powerful drugs that help in improving muscle strength as well as delaying some types of muscular dystrophy. Of these, prednisone is said to be the most powerful and widely used to treat Muscular Dystrophy. Prednisone is a known anti-inflammatory agent. The potent compound,...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Lupus?
It is very hard to diagnose lupus. Since two individuals can have different signs of lupus, doctors have a hard time diagnosing it and treating it effectively. To diagnose lupus, it can take a long time, which can be distracting to both the doctor and the affected person. The symptoms of lupus can...
- Dr. Megan L. Curran M.D.2300 N Childrens Plz Chicago IL 60614
- Dr. Saimun Singla D.O.1111 S Wabash Ave Chicago IL 60605
- Dr. Laisa Margarita Santiago ramos MD2300 N Childrens Plz Chicago IL 60614
- Dr. Melissa S Tesher M.D.5841 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Risa Alperin M.D.2300 N Childrens Plz Chicago IL 60614
- Dr. Marisa Sue Klein-gitelman MD MPH2300 Childrens Plaza Chicago IL 60614