Dr. Robert L. Lawton, MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry4602 3rd St Moline IL, 61265
Dr. Robert Lawton is a psychiatrist practicing in Southfield, MI. Dr. Lawton is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Lawton diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Lawton may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Lawton treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 1975
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Pancreatic carcinoma as a sequel to therapy of lymphoma.
- Letter: Absence of tuberculosis in dialysis patients.
- Transpyloric prolapse of gastric mucosa.
- Internal hernia secondary to acute appendicitis.
- Duplication of the intestinal tract.
- Current concepts of acute arterial injuries.
- Incarcerated inguinal hernia with chylous ascites; a case report.
- A clinico-pathologic study of multiple congenital arteriovenous fistulae of the lower extremities.
- Aorto-intestinal fistula following aortic homotransplantation.
- Dupuytren's contracture.
- Problems in the treatment of carcinoma of the rectosigmoid and rectum.
- COMBINED RADIATION AND CHEMOTHERAPY.
- CARCINOMA OF THE COLON: A REVIEW OF 87 PATIENTS.
- STATE UNIVERSITY OF IOWA COLLEGE OF MEDICINE: CLINICAL PATHOLOGIC CONFERENCE.
- WHERE ARE WE IN CANCER CHEMOTHERAPY TODAY?
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychological Association, American Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Persistence and learning from mistakes
Hobbies / Sports
- Irish Music, Playing Pipes
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Medical Association/Archives of General Psychiatry, The American Journal of Psychiatry
Dr. Robert L. Lawton, MD's Practice location
Southfield, MI 48033Get Direction
Moline, IL 61265Get Direction
AUBURN HILLS, MI 48326Get Direction
Get to know Psychiatrist Dr. Robert L. Lawton, who serves the Michigan area at Judson Center. Dr. Lawton graduated from the Pritzker School of Medicine with his Medical Degree in 1975, giving him over four decades of experience in his field. After graduation he completed his residency with Sheppard-Enoch Pratt Hospital. He is certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. To stay up to date in his field he remains a professional member of the American Psychological Association and the American Medical Association. Dr. Lawton currently practices with Judson Center. He is also affiliated with McLaren Lapeer Region and UnityPoint Health – Trinity Rock Island. He holds an expertise in Adult Psychopathic Disorders, General Psychiatry, Depression, Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, and Drug Intoxication. Psychology is the science of behavior and mind, including conscious and unconscious phenomena, as well as feeling and thought. It is an academic discipline of immense scope and diverse interests that, when taken together, seek an understanding of the emergent properties of brains, and all the variety of epiphenomena they manifest. As a social science it aims to understand individuals and groups by establishing general principles and researching specific cases. Dr. Lawton attributes his professional success to his persistence and from learning from his mistakes. When he is not working he enjoy Irish music and playing the pipes.
- Understanding the Causes of Depression: Is Depression Hereditary?
While researchers are becoming increasingly aware that depression can be genetic, there is a need to shed more light on this issue because it is often misinterpreted. Is depression hereditary? Many people have the misconception that they will necessarily develop depression if their parents or any...
- The Burden of ADHD
Although a child might not feel any different after being diagnosed with ADHD, the diagnosis truly affects his or her parents. For parentsYou will probably require special training by a specialist in ADHD to learn how to cope with your child’s condition. The specialist who diagnosed your child...
- What Is an Auditory Hallucination?
Auditory hallucinations are false perceptions of sound in the absence of an external stimulus. You basically hear voices talking to you or other noises or music, which others around you do not hear. It is a very common symptom among schizophrenics. As a percentage, about 70 percent of schizophrenic...
- Drugs for Irritability Symptoms of Autism
Autism is a kind of disorder that affects the developmental side of a person, and it affects social and communication skills. Irritability is the major symptom of autism, which complicates the adjustments in and around the person. The person may show various behaviors, such as hostility, outbursts,...
- What are the Treatment Methods for ADHD?
Reported cases of ADHD have been on the rise lately. In fact, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that as many as 11% of children between the ages of four years old and 17 years old have been diagnosed with ADHD. ADHD is a disease characterized by ongoing patterns of...
- Understanding Intellectual Disability in Children
What is Intellectual Disability?Intellectual disability is characterized by the lack of skills or mental ability needed for everyday living. Individuals with intellectual disabilities are able to learn new skills but at a slower pace. The degrees of intellectual disability may vary from mild to...
- Dr. Gonchigari Narayana MD4350 7TH STREET A MOLINE IL 61265
- Dr. Al Doyle MD111 19th Ave Moline IL 61265
- Dr. Robert John Algaier MD4600 3rd St Moline IL 61265
- Dr. Gretchen L Cromer MD3302 41st St Moline IL 61265
- Dr. Julie Lynn Voelker M.D.5401 44TH AVENUE DR MOLINE IL 61265
- Dr. Ralph Saintfort MD4350 7th St Moline IL 61265