Dr. Jean-Jacques Rajter is a pulmonary, critical care, and sleep specialist practicing in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Education and Training
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine 1998
American Board of Internal Medicine
Critical Care Medicine (Internal Medicine)
Pulmonary Disease (Internal Medicine)
Dr. Jean-jacques Rajter MD's Expert Contributions
The short answer to your question is yes. The long answer to it is much more complex. A sleep specialist will need to assess the reason why you are experiencing insomnia. Depending on the reason, treatment would be different. There may be a component of sleep apnea, other medical conditions, as well as primary insomnia. Jean-Jacques Rajter, MD. READ MORE
Good afternoon, Snoring may be associated with undiagnosed sleep apnea and I would recommend that he be assessed by a sleep specialist in your area. Snoring may also be due to other factors such as nasal congestion, deviated septum, and other factors unrelated to sleep apnea. Even so, follow up is still advisable. Jean-Jacques Rajter, MD READ MORE
Depending on the underlying issue triggering somebody’s sleep disturbance, a variety of relaxation techniques may be helpful, including yoga. This presumes that more serious problems have already been ruled out by a sleep specialist. I would recommend you follow up with a sleep specialist to assess your specific issues. Jean-Jacques Rajter, MD. READ MORE
My answer does not substitute for a proper medical evaluation. Without addressing the specifics of your mother's medical problems or rendering a medical opinion, the most straightforward way to proceed is seek help from a sleep specialist. People with Alzheimer's do suffer from sleep disturbances and this would need to be evaluated by a healthcare professional. This work up would likely include a sleep study. She would likely benefit from a sleep center based sleep study as opposed to a home sleep study, based on her Alzheimer's diagnosis. READ MORE
The answer to your question is not necessarily as simple as it appears without knowing more about you underlying medical problems. My recommendations would be to follow up with a local sleep specialist so you can be fully assessed and appropriately treated. READ MORE
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor Florida International University 2016 - 2017
- Top Doctor 2017 Castle Connolly
- Top Doctor 2016 Castle Connolly
- Top 10 Doctor 2017 Vitals
- Top 10 Doctor 2016 Vitals
- American Thoracic Society
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American College of Physicians
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Chai Lifeline SouthEast - Chai Champion Award 2017
- The Steen Family Event & Education Center - Founding Member
- Broward General Medical Center ( Fort Lauderdale, FL )
- Holy Cross Hospital ( Fort Lauderdale, FL )
- Imperial Point Medical Center ( Fort Lauderdale, FL )
- HealthSouth Sunrise Rehabilitation Hospital ( Sunrise, FL )
- Kindred Hospital - South Florida - Fort Lauderdale ( Fort Lauderdale, FL )
Dr. Jean-jacques Rajter MD's Practice location
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316Get Direction
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Jean-jacques Rajter MD | Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Jean-jacques Rajter MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Why Beauty Sleep Should be Taken Seriously
A study published in the journal BMJ, provides supports to the concept of beauty sleep. A small study conducted by Swedish researchers shows that adequate rest is essential for looking healthy. Until now, the concept of beauty sleep lacked solid evidence from science.In this study, 23 healthy...
- Not Feeling Quite Right: How Sleep Apnea Affects the Brain
Sleep apnea has earned a lot of popularity lately. The terrifying disease can cause healthy people to decease unexpectedly during the night. It was certified as one the causes of Carrie Fisher’s death, the legendary 60-year-old actress who played Princess Leia in the successful movie saga, Star...
- Tips for Traveling with a CPAP Machine
A well-working CPAP can make all the difference for sleep apnea patients who need to improve their quality of life. Sometimes, they may not even think about a night without it by their bedside. But when you are a frequent traveler, this could be an issue.Travelers may experience several issues with...
- Tongue and Mouth Exercises for Sleep Apnea Sufferers
Sleep apnea is a condition in which the affected individual is unable to breathe during sleep due to an obstructed airway. The condition is cataloged as a respiratory disorder, and those who suffer from it often have episodes of intense and excessive snoring, as well as episodes in which they may...
- New Findings Reveal Inflammation Occurs Before Sleep Apnea Develops
If a person has shallow breaths or has one or more pauses in breathing while he or she sleeps, then that may be because of sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a kind of disorder when the upper airway is occasionally hampered during a person’s sleep. According to the National Heart, Lung, and Blood...
- 5 Tips on Living with Restless Legs Syndrome
Restless legs syndrome is a neurological disorder, which affects millions of people each year. If you are suffering from restless legs syndrome, you will experience severe or mild pains as well as uncomfortable sensations in your legs when you are lying down or sitting. You will experience...
- Dr. Eduardo C Oliveira M.D.2950 Cleveland Clinic Blvd Fort Lauderdale FL 33331
- Dr. Charles Paul Shenker MD21150 Biscayne Boulevard Miami FL 33180
- Dr. Roland E Nieman MD21110 Biscayne Blvd Miami FL 33180
- Dr. Luis Jorge Echarte MD21110 Biscayne Blvd Miami FL 33180
- Dr. Edgar B Bolton DO7369 Sheridan St Hollywood FL 33024
- Dr. Luis Manuel Alvarez MD9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee WI 53226