Dr. Stephen J Bisacco MD
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)2918 6th Ave Altoona PA, 16602
Dr. Stephen Bisacco is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Altoona, PA. Dr. Bisacco specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Bisacco can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Bisacco can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Honduras Facultad de Ciencias Medicas 1977
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Urinary Incontinence
- Vaginal Prolapse
- Stress Incontinence
- Lutheran Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Lutheran Med Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology; Somerset Med Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Lutheran Medical Center Program
Dr. Stephen J Bisacco MD's Practice location
Altoona, PA 16602Get Direction
Dr. Stephen J Bisacco MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bisacco
- 6 Health Benefits of Taking a Sitz Bath
What is a sitz bath?A sitz bath is a shallow bath using warm water to help ease pain or itching in the perineum, the area between the anus and the scrotum or vulva. The word sitz is derived from the German word sitzen, meaning to sit. A sitz bath is usually recommended for people who have an anal...
- Why You Should Exercise During Pregnancy
Exercise is not only beneficial to pregnant women, but to the baby as well. It is better to talk with your OBGYN before starting an exercise program. There are a lot of exercises that are available and appropriate for each trimester. However, not all pregnant women are advised to exercise. Vigorous...
- Endometriosis and Pregnancy
Endometriosis is a common gynecological problem and anyone diagnosed with endometriosis will worry how this condition will affect their ability to conceive, as well as their ability to have a normal and healthy pregnancy. Studies have shown that women diagnosed with endometriosis have a harder time...
- How Is Genital Herpes Transmitted?
Genital herpes is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases. It is associated with blisters or sores on the genitals. People with genital herpes may also experience flu-like symptoms. Most people with genital herpes may not experience any symptoms and may go on living normally without...
- Are IUDs More Effective Than Oral Contraceptives?
According to experts, intrauterine devices (IUDs) are more effective than the morning after pills in contraception. A recent study has shown that morning after pills have a higher rate of failure, when compared to the coils, a small copper device that is placed in the womb by a trained nurse or...
- Hot Flashes and Women's Health
Hot flashes are one of the most common symptoms of menopause and perimenopause. It is also commonly seen in women with premature menopause and induced menopause.Hot flashes cause women who experience them to suddenly feel overheated, it is usually accompanied by sweating and a red, flushed face. The...
- Dr. Ryan J. Zlupko M.D.1701 12th Ave Altoona PA 16601
- Dr. David R. Lee M.D.1701 12th Ave Altoona PA 16601
- Dr. Marina A Opida MD2918 6th Ave Altoona PA 16602
- Dr. Diane Adel Adams D.O.104 Hillcrest Dr Roaring Spring PA 16673
- Dr. John Peter Kennedy MD1701 12th Ave Altoona PA 16601
- Dr. Debra S Pike MD501 Howard Ave Altoona PA 16601