Dr. James Alpers is an anesthesiologist practicing in Newton Lower Falls, MA. Dr. Alpers ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Alpers also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Univ of Pittsburgh Sch of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 1990
University of Pittsburgh / Main Campus 1990
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 1990
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Anesthesiology
- University Pittsburgh Med Center
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC)
- Univ Pittsburgh Medical Center, Resident:Anesthesiology 1991
- Brigham & Women's Hospital, Clin Fellow:Regional Anesthes. 1994
Dr. James D Alpers MD's Practice location
Newton Lower Falls, MA 02462Get Direction
Dr. James D Alpers MD's reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Tips On Living With Genital Herpes
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disease that affects 1 in 6 people in the United States. It is associated with causing blisters or sores on the genital areas. Genital herpes is mostly caused by the herpes simplex virus type two.Symptoms may arise during a primary infection, when a person...
- Are Weight Loss Drugs Good For You?
Are you obese and looking for a safe and convenient option to lose weight? Are you unhappy with the diet plans that are available? Have you attempted different weight loss options? Are you under a long-term treatment plan for obesity? In these cases, prescription weight loss drugs seem to be a...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Dr. Stephanie Cintora MD55 Lake Avenue Worcester Massachusetts 01604
- Sanjay Kumar Singh175 Freeman Street Brookline Massachusetts 02446
- Dr. Patrick D. Mccarty DDS30 Warren St Brighton MA 02135
- Dr. Karen R. Boretsky MD3705 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Laura Alexander MD75 Francis Street Boston Massachusetts 02115
- Dr. Jana Zahorska Hudcova M.D.34 Mill Road Wilmington Massachusetts 1887