Dr. John Shangkyun Shin M.D.
Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry1829 E Franklin St Suite 900b Chapel Hill NC, 27514
Dr. John Shin practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Chapel Hill, NC. Dr. Shin evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Shin seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1991
University of Ia Roy J & L Carver Com 1991
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Tripler Army Med Ctr, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Tripler Army Med Ctr, Psychiatry
- Tripler Army Med Center
Dr. John Shangkyun Shin M.D.'s Practice location
Chapel Hill, NC 27514Get Direction
SANFORD, NC 27330Get Direction
Dr. John Shangkyun Shin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shin
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- Dr. Lori A Schweickert M.D.1903 N Harrison Ave Cary NC 27513
- Dr. Hima B Palakurthi MD5505 Creedmoor Rd Raleigh NC 27612
- Dr. Maxlyn Lavie Ellison MDRexwoods Drive 102 Raleigh NC 27607
- Dr. Ranota Thomas Hall M.D.3800 Paramount Pkwy Morrisville NC 27560
- Dr. Jennifer E Holton MD2213 Elba St Durham NC 27705
- Dr. Michael S Lancaster M.D.2320 Honeysuckle Ct Chapel Hill NC 27514