Dr. Stanley Konefal practices Pediatric Surgery in Springfield, MA. Dr. Konefal treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Konefaldiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
Tufts University School of Medicine 1975
- Birth Defects
- St Christopher's Hospital for Children Program
Dr. Stanley H Konefal M.D.'s Practice location
Springfield, MA 01107Get Direction
Springfield, MA 01103Get Direction
Dr. Stanley H Konefal M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- Dr. Michael E Ganey M.D.Baystate Medical Ctr Springfield MA 01199
- Dr. David B Tashjian M.D.Pediatric Surgical Services Springfield MA 01103
- Dr. Connie Jean Rossini M.D.759 Chestnut St Springfield MA 01199
- Dr. Rebecca Brocks MD1959 Ne Pacific St Seattle WA 98195
- Dr. Michael V Tirabassi MD600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Dr. Gregory T Banever MDUniversity Of Colorado School Of Medicine Denver CO 80262