Dr. Steve Troyanovich, D.C.
Chiropractor | Rehabilitation322 Susan Dr Suite B Normal IL, 61761
Dr. Steve Troyanovich is a Chiropractor practicing in Normal, IL.
Chiropractic practice includes the conservative (non-surgical) treatment of disorders of the neck and back, including soft tissue sprains and strains, non-surgical intervertebral disc injuries and nerve root injuries, osteoarthritis of the spine, whiplash associated disorders, fibromyalgia and myofacial pain syndromes, neck-related headache and some types of migraine.
Education and Training
Palmer College of Chiropractic Doctor of Chiropractic 1987
National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Low back pain and the lumbar intervertebral disk: clinical considerations for the doctor of chiropractic.
- A review of biomechanics of the central nervous system--Part I: spinal canal deformations resulting from changes in posture.
- Chiropractic biophysics digitized radiographic mensuration analysis of the anteroposterior lumbopelvic view: a reliability study.
- A review of biomechanics of the central nervous system--part II: spinal cord strains from postural loads.
- A review of biomechanics of the central nervous system--Part III: spinal cord stresses from postural loads and their neurologic effects.
- Lumbar coupling during lateral translations of the thoracic cage relative to a fixed pelvis.
- Sitting biomechanics part I: review of the literature.
- Sitting biomechanics, part II: optimal car driver's seat and optimal driver's spinal model.
- Cervical coupling during lateral head translations creates an S-configuration.
- Prevalence of hyperplastic articular pillars in the cervical spine and relationship with cervical lordosis.
- Cobb method or Harrison posterior tangent method: which to choose for lateral cervical radiographic analysis.
- Chiropractic biophysics digitized radiographic mensuration analysis of the anteroposterior cervicothoracic view: a reliability study.
- A normal spinal position: It's time to accept the evidence.
- Intra- and interexaminer reliability of the chiropractic biophysics lateral lumbar radiographic mensuration procedure.
- A normal sagittal spinal configuration: a desirable clinical outcome.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Editor in Chief Chiropractic History 2010 - 2016
- Chiropractor of the Year 1994 Chiropractic Biophysics, Non-profit
- Illinois Prairie State Chiropractic Association
- Association for the History of Chiropractic
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Association for the History of Chiropractic
- Spinal manual therapies
Professional Society Memberships
- Illinois Prairie State Chiropractic Association, Association for the History of Chiropractic
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard work and family support
Areas of research
- Spinal biomechanics, Chiropractic, Chiropractic History
- Chiropractor of the Year by Chiropractic Biophysics, Non-profit (1994), Editor Appreciation Award, Association for the History of Chiropractic (2016), Commitment to Excellence Award, Pettibon Spinal Biomechanics Club--Palmer College of Chiropractic (1987), Appreciation Award, Adopt-A-Doc Program, Palmer College of Chiropractic Class 951 (1995), Appreciation Award, Palmer College of Chiropractic Chiropractic Biophysics Club (1999)
Teaching and speaking
Favorite Place to Vacation
- Michigan, Florida, Colorado
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Chiropractic History, Spine, Journal of Spinal Disorders and Techniques, Clinical Biomechanics
Areas of research
Spinal biomechanics, clinical biomechanics, reliability of chiropractic assessment procedures, chiropractic interventions, cervical and lumbar spine fusion, chiropractic history
Dr. Steve Troyanovich, D.C.'s Practice location
Normal, IL 61761Get Direction
- If I Have Recurring Migraines, Who Should I Call?
If I Have Recurring Migraines, Who Should I Call?When you are experiencing a migraine, you have headaches that are moderate to intense. Migraine brings headache pains that are mostly felt on one side of your head. In other cases, you may experience headaches on both sides. This condition also causes...
- Are Energy Drinks Safe?
Recently, there have been serious health issues linked to energy drink. The ever growing popularity and consumption of these products came on quickly. Are these drinks safe like manufacturers claim them to be?Energy drinks are basically beverages that contain stimulants, like caffeine, and are...
- Ear Infection Medication: What Are You Being Prescribed?
Several drugs are prescribed to you when you get an ear infection. Some drugs will be to get rid of the causative microorganism, whereas the other drugs are for symptomatic relief. This article will explain about the drugs that will be prescribed to you during an ear infection.AntibioticsMany of the...
- Do I Have an Increased Risk of Developing Ovarian Cancer if I Have Endometriosis?
What is endometriosis?Endometriosis is a painful disease that affects the tissues lining the inner side of the uterus, which is called endometrium. The tissue is formed outside of the uterus and causes pelvic pain. Endometriosis is a common benign disorder that affects about 10% to 15% women in...
- Do You Have Trypophobia?
What is trypophobia?Trypophobia is the fear or feeling of disgust of closely packed holes. Individuals who have trypophobia tend to feel very unsettled the moment they look at surfaces that have small clustered holes. Few of the examples would be the head of the lotus seed pod or the body of a...
- Does the Treatment of Asthma Always Require an Inhaler?
Asthma is considered a common lung disorder in which inflammation causes the bronchi to swell and narrow the airways. Asthma is indiscriminant of any age group. It is a long term disease that has no cure but can be controlled by following the right dosage of medication, prescribed by a doctor or...
- Dr. Chris Wayne Hoelscher D.C.2406 E Washington St Bloomington IL 61704
- Dr. Matthew Edward Schmidt D.C.2406 E Washington St Bloomington IL 61704
- Dr. Sherra Bryant Conde D.C.1210 Towanda Ave Bloomington IL 61701
- Dr. Joseph Louis Ramirez D.C.11 Currency Dr Bloomington IL 61704
- Dr. John R Dimond D.C.Old Rte 66 & Hill Street Mc Grann PA 16236
- Dr. Philip L. Bolton D.C.211 S Prospect Rd Bloomington IL 61704