Dr. Steve Troyanovich, D.C.
Chiropractor | Rehabilitation322 Susan Dr Suite B Normal IL, 61761
Dr. Steve Troyanovich is a Chiropractor practicing in Normal, IL.
Chiropractic practice includes the conservative (non-surgical) treatment of disorders of the neck and back, including soft tissue sprains and strains, non-surgical intervertebral disc injuries and nerve root injuries, osteoarthritis of the spine, whiplash associated disorders, fibromyalgia and myofacial pain syndromes, neck-related headache and some types of migraine.
Education and Training
Palmer College of Chiropractic Doctor of Chiropractic 1987
National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Low back pain and the lumbar intervertebral disk: clinical considerations for the doctor of chiropractic.
- A review of biomechanics of the central nervous system--Part I: spinal canal deformations resulting from changes in posture.
- Chiropractic biophysics digitized radiographic mensuration analysis of the anteroposterior lumbopelvic view: a reliability study.
- A review of biomechanics of the central nervous system--part II: spinal cord strains from postural loads.
- A review of biomechanics of the central nervous system--Part III: spinal cord stresses from postural loads and their neurologic effects.
- Lumbar coupling during lateral translations of the thoracic cage relative to a fixed pelvis.
- Sitting biomechanics part I: review of the literature.
- Sitting biomechanics, part II: optimal car driver's seat and optimal driver's spinal model.
- Cervical coupling during lateral head translations creates an S-configuration.
- Prevalence of hyperplastic articular pillars in the cervical spine and relationship with cervical lordosis.
- Cobb method or Harrison posterior tangent method: which to choose for lateral cervical radiographic analysis.
- Chiropractic biophysics digitized radiographic mensuration analysis of the anteroposterior cervicothoracic view: a reliability study.
- A normal spinal position: It's time to accept the evidence.
- Intra- and interexaminer reliability of the chiropractic biophysics lateral lumbar radiographic mensuration procedure.
- A normal sagittal spinal configuration: a desirable clinical outcome.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Editor in Chief Chiropractic History 2010 - 2016
- Chiropractor of the Year 1994 Chiropractic Biophysics, Non-profit
- Illinois Prairie State Chiropractic Association
- Association for the History of Chiropractic
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Association for the History of Chiropractic
- Spinal manual therapies
Professional Society Memberships
- Illinois Prairie State Chiropractic Association, Association for the History of Chiropractic
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard work and family support
Areas of research
- Spinal biomechanics, Chiropractic, Chiropractic History
- Chiropractor of the Year by Chiropractic Biophysics, Non-profit (1994), Editor Appreciation Award, Association for the History of Chiropractic (2016), Commitment to Excellence Award, Pettibon Spinal Biomechanics Club--Palmer College of Chiropractic (1987), Appreciation Award, Adopt-A-Doc Program, Palmer College of Chiropractic Class 951 (1995), Appreciation Award, Palmer College of Chiropractic Chiropractic Biophysics Club (1999)
Teaching and speaking
Favorite Place to Vacation
- Michigan, Florida, Colorado
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Chiropractic History, Spine, Journal of Spinal Disorders and Techniques, Clinical Biomechanics
Areas of research
Spinal biomechanics, clinical biomechanics, reliability of chiropractic assessment procedures, chiropractic interventions, cervical and lumbar spine fusion, chiropractic history
Dr. Steve Troyanovich, D.C.'s Practice location
Normal, IL 61761Get Direction
- Psychologist vs. Psychiatrist
IntroductionFor individuals who suffer from certain mental health problems, there is always a question that comes to their mind. Whom should they approach for help? How would one know which type of doctor would be right and whom should they speak to? Do they need to go to a psychiatrist or a...
- What to Do if You Have a Lung Injury
For the past several years, lung injuries have remained one of the most common cases to be noted in the emergency units of several hospitals. There are different types of lung injuries that require medical attention as soon as possible. There are different ways by which a person may end up with a...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What Causes Blood to Show Up in Urine?
Hematuria is the phenomenon in which traces of blood appear in the urine. It presents a unique problem because it is not a disease in itself. It is not infectious, nor is it capable of threatening a life. It is merely a warning sign that something is wrong inside the body. Though frightening in...
- How Is Leukemia Diagnosed?
Leukemia in its early stages may present no signs or symptoms, as these only appear when the leukemia cells have taken over a large number of normal blood cells. A person with leukemia is very lucky indeed if early-stage detection occurs incidentally, through a routine blood test or one done for...
- A True Calling: Two-Time Cancer Survivor Sets Her Sights on Nursing
Although she has only been a nurse for a short time, Michelle McGovern’s life experience with cancer have given her a unique backbone for bedside care. There were only two things Michelle McGovern needed to do—just two little things.The first was she write a book to let her son and daughter...
- Dr. Chris Wayne Hoelscher D.C.2406 E Washington St Bloomington IL 61704
- Dr. Matthew Edward Schmidt D.C.2406 E Washington St Bloomington IL 61704
- Dr. Deborah Ann Yoos D.C.220 N Eldorado Rd Bloomington IL 61704
- Dr. Maranda Nicole Wyatt D.C.2202 Eastland Dr Bloomington IL 61704
- Dr. Joseph Louis Ramirez D.C.11 Currency Dr Bloomington IL 61704
- Dr. Jay M Bersche D.C.2424 E Lincoln St Bloomington IL 61701