Dr. Steve Troyanovich is a Chiropractor practicing in Normal, IL.
Chiropractic practice includes the conservative (non-surgical) treatment of disorders of the neck and back, including soft tissue sprains and strains, non-surgical intervertebral disc injuries and nerve root injuries, osteoarthritis of the spine, whiplash associated disorders, fibromyalgia and myofacial pain syndromes, neck-related headache and some types of migraine.
Education and Training
Palmer College of Chiropractic Doctor of Chiropractic 1987
National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Low back pain and the lumbar intervertebral disk: clinical considerations for the doctor of chiropractic.
- A review of biomechanics of the central nervous system--Part I: spinal canal deformations resulting from changes in posture.
- Chiropractic biophysics digitized radiographic mensuration analysis of the anteroposterior lumbopelvic view: a reliability study.
- A review of biomechanics of the central nervous system--part II: spinal cord strains from postural loads.
- A review of biomechanics of the central nervous system--Part III: spinal cord stresses from postural loads and their neurologic effects.
- Lumbar coupling during lateral translations of the thoracic cage relative to a fixed pelvis.
- Sitting biomechanics part I: review of the literature.
- Sitting biomechanics, part II: optimal car driver's seat and optimal driver's spinal model.
- Cervical coupling during lateral head translations creates an S-configuration.
- Prevalence of hyperplastic articular pillars in the cervical spine and relationship with cervical lordosis.
- Cobb method or Harrison posterior tangent method: which to choose for lateral cervical radiographic analysis.
- Chiropractic biophysics digitized radiographic mensuration analysis of the anteroposterior cervicothoracic view: a reliability study.
- A normal spinal position: It's time to accept the evidence.
- Intra- and interexaminer reliability of the chiropractic biophysics lateral lumbar radiographic mensuration procedure.
- A normal sagittal spinal configuration: a desirable clinical outcome.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Editor in Chief Chiropractic History 2010 - 2016
- Chiropractor of the Year 1994 Chiropractic Biophysics, Non-profit
- Illinois Prairie State Chiropractic Association
- Association for the History of Chiropractic
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Association for the History of Chiropractic
- Spinal manual therapies
Professional Society Memberships
- Illinois Prairie State Chiropractic Association, Association for the History of Chiropractic
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard work and family support
Areas of research
- Spinal biomechanics, Chiropractic, Chiropractic History
- Chiropractor of the Year by Chiropractic Biophysics, Non-profit (1994), Editor Appreciation Award, Association for the History of Chiropractic (2016), Commitment to Excellence Award, Pettibon Spinal Biomechanics Club--Palmer College of Chiropractic (1987), Appreciation Award, Adopt-A-Doc Program, Palmer College of Chiropractic Class 951 (1995), Appreciation Award, Palmer College of Chiropractic Chiropractic Biophysics Club (1999)
Teaching and speaking
Favorite Place to Vacation
- Michigan, Florida, Colorado
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Chiropractic History, Spine, Journal of Spinal Disorders and Techniques, Clinical Biomechanics
Dr. Steve Troyanovich, D.C.'s Practice location
Normal, IL 61761Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Steve Troyanovich, D.C. | Chiropractor | Rehabilitation
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Steve Troyanovich, D.C.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Back Pain: Get The Facts
Every now and then, you hear people complaining about constant back pain. According to statistics, about 80% of Americans will suffer from back pain at one point of their life.Back pain can be caused by many things, but it is most commonly triggered by incorrect sitting or standing positions, not...
- What Is Sciatica?
What is sciatica?Lower back pain is a very common condition that is often incorrectly managed. Back pain is a challenge in itself since it demands medical support and is a leading source of social, psychological, and physical disabilities. The majority of back pains are self-limiting and simple,...
- What Is Whiplash? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
When people suffer from a whiplash, they experience severe pain in the lower neck region, which can spread over their shoulders, arms, and head. They can also suffer from headaches, numbness, and a painful stiff neck. The pain gets accelerated faster in the area around the neck, which needs to be...
- Spine Doctors vs. Chiropractors
Patients may often ask themselves which doctor they should see for their back pain. Studies have shown that chiropractors provide effective treatment for back pain. However, chiropractors cannot treat all causes of back pain because there are also conditions that should be diagnosed and treated by a...
- What is Degenerative Disc Disease?
Degenerative disc disease is characterized by the breakdown of the intervertebral discs — the soft discs that act as shock absorbers and provide flexibility to the spine. This condition is not a disease, but it is a common change that occurs with age. It is a common age-related change in which...
- What Is a Lower Back Pain with Sciatica?
Lower back pain is a common problem experienced by most people at some point during their lifetime. There are several causes for lower back pain with sciatica, and the intensity of pain can range from dull to quite severe. Men and women are equally affected by this condition. Most cases of back pain...
- Dr. Chris Wayne Hoelscher D.C.2406 E Washington St Bloomington IL 61704
- Dr. Matthew Edward Schmidt D.C.2406 E Washington St Bloomington IL 61704
- Dr. Courtney Kay Webb D.C.1210 Towanda Ave Bloomington IL 61701
- Dr. Joshua Lee Johnson D.C.310 Susan Dr. Normal IL 61761
- Arporn Chantawee DC2501 E COLLEGE AVE BLOOMINGTON IL 61704
- Dr. Sherra Bryant Conde D.C.1210 Towanda Ave Bloomington IL 61701