Dr. Marilyn Kiester is a speech language pathologist practicing in CHARLOTTE, NC. Dr. Kiester specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Kiester evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Kiester helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Marilyn Kiester MS, CCC-SLP's Practice location
CHARLOTTE, NC 28270Get Direction
Marilyn Kiester MS, CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Mrs. Genia Dreher Manley SLP8212 BEARDSLEY DR CHARLOTTE NC 28269
- Mrs. Patricia Boone Henderlite11535 CARMEL COMMONS BLVD CHARLOTTE NC 28226
- Kate Alcott Hall CCC-SLP11535 CARMEL COMMONS BLVD CHARLOTTE NC 28226
- Kristina Kelley CCC-SLP275 BEATTY DR BELMONT NC 28012
- Ms. Kathleen Jendron Labarowski MSP CCC-SLP1617 EAGLE LAKE DR FORT MILL SC 29707
- Nicole Oljeski211 W JEFFERSON ST MONROE NC 28112