Dr. Larry Weiss is a dermatologist practicing in Marshalltown, IA. Dr. Weiss specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Weiss diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1972
- Gross measures of exercise-induced muscular hypertrophy.
- Multiple-joint velocity-spectrum strength/power development consequent to
- The effects of high-intensity exercise on a 10-second sprint cycle test.
- Effects of topical fluorouracil on normal skin.
- Neuromuscular fatigue and potentiation following two successive high intensity
- Upper extremity assessment of muscularity in young children.
- Ultrasonic measurement of upper-arm skeletal muscle thickness.
- Subcutaneous fat measurements of the leg using three protocols.
- Effects of heavy-resistance triceps surae muscle training on strength and muscularity of men and women.
- Three protocols for measuring subcutaneous fat thickness on the upper extremities.
- Ultrasonic protocols for separately measuring subcutaneous fat and skeletal muscle thickness in the calf area.
- Comparison of serum testosterone and androstenedione responses to weight lifting in men and women.
- Ultrasonic measurement of subcutaneous fat on the upper leg.
- Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, Dermatology; Abbott-Nwestern/Allina Hlth Sy, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Larry W Weiss MD's Practice location
Marshalltown, IA 50158Get Direction
Dr. Larry W Weiss MD's reviewsWrite Review
PurpuraPurpura refers to purple-colored spots that are usually seen on the skin, including mucous membranes and other organs. It is also called skin hemorrhages or blood spots.Purpura is usually recognized when there is pooling of blood under the skin due to ruptured small blood vessels. The size of...
- What Are the Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Blackheads?
Women are well aware of how ugly blackheads can look, and just how easily they can spoil our look for that special occasion. We spend hours sitting through painful procedures at parlors to get rid of ugly blackheads that cover up our noses and cheeks. But do you know the medical causes of a...
- Everything You Need to Know About the Chicken Pox Vaccine
The chicken pox vaccine is the medicine given to people who are susceptible to the disease and hence protects one against the vaccine. This vaccine that causes the chickenpox disease is the varicella vaccine. This chicken pox vaccine is usually excavated from a weak virus. This weak virus is...
- Holistic Treatments for Acne
Many teenagers experience the dread of acne at one point in their life. Pus-filled bumps, blackheads, and whiteheads are often referred to as pimples. Acne is a disease mostly affecting teens and young adults. 8 out of every 10 people suffer from acne. Mild acne is usually considered as a normal...
- Treatment Options for Teenage Acne
Acne is normally caused by changing levels of hormones. This is why youths develop it during puberty or before getting their periods. Hormones are the culprits because they stimulate the oil-producing glands in the skin to produce more oil, which clogs the pores on the skin surface. There are few...
- Heat Rash: When Should I See a Doctor?
Heat rash is a condition that easily goes away with time without the need for medical care. This usually happens when the skin cools down and the sweating reduces. Sometimes, it can take a few days for the affected part of the skin to heal completely. However, there are times when the rashes tend...