Dr. Chiarina Iregui is a sleep dentist practicing in Gig Harbor, WA. Her practice is 100% dedicated to treating patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea using Oral Appliance Therapy. She prides herself on being an educator and resource for people who feel they suffer from Sleep Apnea or who have been told that they snore or stop breathing in their sleep. Dr. Iregui works closely with Sleep Physicians, Primary Care Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Dentist in order to make certain that patients are diagnosed properly with obstructive sleep apnea, are given treatment options that will work for them and are able to acquire the treatment they need. Dr. Iregui specifically provides oral appliance therapy and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine. An honor that is given to those dental practitioners who have received training in dental sleep medicine and proven proficiency in this field.
Education and Training
UMKC School of Dentistry DDS 1992
Dr. Chiarina Iregui, DDS, Diplomat ABDSM's Expert Contributions
Gingivitis is inflammation of the gum tissue. Bleeding is usually present.. Periodontitis occurs when the gum tissue inflammation is not treated and the chronic inflammation results in bone loss around the teeth. Along with bleeding, teeth can become loose due to losing support of the bone. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Director of the Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency Program Southern Issinois University School of Dental Medicine 1998 - 2002
- Assistant Professor of Operative Dentistry Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine 1996 - 2002
- Washington State Dental Association
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Dental Association
- Pierce county Dental Association
- oral appliance therapy
Professional Society Memberships
- American Dental Association, Washington State Dental Association, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
Articles and Publications
- Articles published in the local newspaper. Educates patients and physicians on sleep apnea and sleep disorders.In the past, Dr. Iregui taught Operative Dentistry at Southern Illinois School of Dentistry. She was also the Director of Advanced Education of General Residency at Southern Illinois School of Dentistry.
What do you attribute your success to?
- Dr. Iregui has always wanted to work in the healthcare field. She first became interested in dentistry for its work/life balance, and later became intrigued with sleep medicine. Dr. Iregui attributes her success to her passion for the field, being able to help her patients, taking her time with them, always being honest with her patients, and always being a good resource for them.
Dr. Chiarina Iregui, DDS, Diplomat ABDSM's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Chiarina Iregui, DDS, Diplomat ABDSM | Dentist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Chiarina Iregui, DDS, Diplomat ABDSM's reviewsWrite Review
Get to know Dentist Dr. Chiarina Iregui, who serves patients in Gig Harbor, Washington.
Dr. Iregui is a dentist serving Gig Harbor and the surrounding communities. She currently practices with Sound Bridge Dental Arts & Sleep Therapy, a practice truly dedicated to perfecting their trade. Their doctors attend multiple hours of continuing education each year to ensure they can offer patients the most thorough care. They are often complimented on their friendly atmosphere and kind, gentle care. Dr. Iregui has dedicated her practice of dentistry exclusively to treating patients who suffer from obstructive sleep apnea.
“The more I learn about sleep, the more I want to learn. Sleep is such a vital part of our wellbeing and so many people are not getting the quality and/or quantity they need in order to live a healthy life. I have dedicated my practice of dentistry exclusively to treating patients who suffer from obstructive sleep apnea, and remain the only dentist in Gig Harbor to do so. In November of 2014, I committed myself to work toward obtaining the title of Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine. This is in addition to taking more than 50 hours of dental sleep medicine continuing education per year.” states Dr. Iregui.
In regards to her education, Dr. Iregui earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery from the University of Missouri Kansas School of Dentistry in 1992. She went on to complete a general practice residency at Denver General Hospital.
In June of 2017, Dr. Iregui earned her Diplomate status of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine. In addition, she obtains over 50 hours of dental sleep medicine continuing education each year so that she can provide her patients with the optimal care they deserve.
Dentistry is a branch of medicine that consists of the study, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases, disorders, and conditions of the oral cavity. As a dentist, Dr. Iregui is 100% dedicated to treating patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea using Oral Appliance Therapy. She prides herself on being an educator and resource for people who feel they suffer from Sleep Apnea or who have been told that they snore or stop breathing in their sleep.
- Dental Sealants May Present BPA in Saliva
Dental fillings for children were worrisome because of the presence of mercury in the amalgam. The latest addition to this fear is the chemical Bisphenol-A (BPA) in dental sealants and white fillings. BPA is a resin used in plastics, including water bottles and metal food can liners. Many studies...
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machines: Full Face Masks, BiPAP, and ResMed S10
What is sleep apnea?Sleep apnea is a serious form of sleep disorder that occurs when a person's breathing is often interrupted while sleeping. The brain and other parts of the body do not get enough of oxygen when sleep apnea remains untreated. There are two main types of sleep apnea:...
- Are Dentures the Solution to Your Dental Problems?
What are dentures?A denture is a device prepared by laboratory technicians in order to replace missing teeth. Dentures are a good option for patients without any teeth, or for patients with some missing teeth who want to have a beautiful smile again. Dentures are not only meant for cosmetic...
- Get a Better Smile with Licorice Root
According to a new study published in the Journal of Natural Products, licorice, the main ingredient in candy, may help to keep tooth decay and gum disease at bay. Teeth protection is provided by the compounds found in the dried root of licorice plant. Chinese licorice, found in northern mainland...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Dry Socket?
One of the most common complications after the removal of a tooth is dry socket. Dry socket is more common with the extraction of wisdom teeth. Although the condition causes great discomfort, it is fully treatable.In most cases, the pain and discomfort experienced following a tooth extraction is...
- When Should I Replace My Toothbrush?
A toothbrush is not as clean as we think, and harbors more than 100 million bacteria, according to researchers at the University of Manchester in England. This includes E. coli bacteria, which cause diarrhea, and staphylococci bacteria, which cause skin infections. “This condition is the same as...
- Dr. Keavin G Mcintosh DMD2511 MERIDIAN AVE E EDGEWOOD WA 98371
- Dr. Steven S. Broughton DDS PS8012 112th St Ct E Puyallup Washington 98373
- Dr. Kari D. Chellis DDS4700 42nd Ave SW Seattle Washington 98116
- Gerald K. Wolff4400 California Avenue Southwest Seattle Washington 98116
- Dr. Lance B. Timmerman DMD7100 Fort Dent Way Seattle Washington 98188
- Miko Ho-Yu Hsieh D.D.S.13003 SE KENT KANGLEY RD KENT WA 98030