Dr. Nicholas Taintor is a psychiatrist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Taintor is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Taintor diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Taintor may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Taintor treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
- In vivo comparative imaging of dopamine D2 knockout and wild-type mice with (11)C-raclopride and microPET.
- Reproducibility of 11C-raclopride binding in the rat brain measured with the microPET R4: effects of scatter correction and tracer specific activity.
- DRD2 gene transfer into the nucleus accumbens core of the alcohol preferring and nonpreferring rats attenuates alcohol drinking.
- Brain kinetics of methylphenidate (Ritalin) enantiomers after oral administration.
Dr. Nicholas Bunker Taintor MD's Practice location
New York, NY 10010Get Direction
Brooklyn, NY 11232Get Direction
ARLINGTON, VA 22204Get Direction
Dr. Nicholas Bunker Taintor MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Is ADHD Lifelong?
ADHD is often regarded as a childhood disorder. ADHD patients are usually inattentive, impulsive, and hyperactive. About 60% of these children will experience the condition throughout their entire life. In the US, more than 4% of the adults are living with ADHD. Unfortunately, a bigger fraction of...
- The Burden of ADHD
Although a child might not feel any different after being diagnosed with ADHD, the diagnosis truly affects his or her parents. For parentsYou will probably require special training by a specialist in ADHD to learn how to cope with your child’s condition. The specialist who diagnosed your child...
- Clinical Depression: How it Affects Men and Women
Clinical depression is associated with social, occupational, and physical impairments. People commonly perceive that depression is a trivial condition that is not entirely genuine. However, depression is a real illness with real and debilitating symptoms, and should not be perceived as anything...
- Intellectual Disability in Children: Know the Signs
Intellectual DisabilityIntellectual disability (ID), formerly called as mental retardation, is a type of developmental disability, in which individuals have certain limitations in their intellectual functioning and adaptive behavior. People with ID have difficulty learning, communicating, solving...
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), also known as chronic anxiety neurosis, is a condition characterized by excessive anxiety and worry about common occurrences and everyday life events. It’s quite normal to feel anxious when there is a reason to worry, such as financial instability. However, a...
- ADHD in Adults
ADHD, or attention deficit disorder, is a commonly undiagnosed mental disorder in adults. According to data provided by The American Psychiatric Association, about 5% of children in the America have ADHD; however, other studies indicate rates as high as 11%. According to other sources, the childhood...
- Ms. Esha Khoshnu M.D.570 Belleville Ave Belleville NJ 07109
- Dr. Calvin H. Haber M.D.1 Hickory Rd Woodmere New York 11598
- Dr. Elena Bruck M.D.80 5th Ave New York NY 10011
- Dr. Maurice Masse MD7701 13th Ave Brooklyn NY 11228
- Dr. Wei Wang M.D.35 W. Hudson Avenue Englewood New Jersey 07631
- Dr. Wilfrid Raby PH.D., M.D.175 Cedar Ln Teaneck NJ 07666