Dr. Oscar Gomez is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in Nashville, TN. Dr. Gomez specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
Education and Training
Faculty of Medicine National University of Colombia
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Children's Hospital-Infectious Disease, Seattle, WA 2006
- University of Washington Medical Center 2006
Dr. Oscar Gilberto Gomez MD PHD's Practice location
Nashville, TN 37232Get Direction
Dr. Oscar Gilberto Gomez MD PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- Does the Pertussis Vaccine Have Any Contraindications and Side Effects?
Pertussis is an infection of the upper respiratory system. The disease is highly contagious and spreads through the coughing and sneezing of an infected individual. This highly contagious and airborne disease is caused by the bacteria called Bordetella pertussis. The symptoms of pertussis typically...
- Are Vaccines Safe for My Baby Under All Circumstances?
Are there any circumstances under which vaccination of young children is forbidden?There are particular conditions when the immunization of your child, unfortunately, cannot be performed. If all terms and conditions are followed accordingly, complications are avoidable. These are the circumstances...
- Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?
Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?Cholera is an infection that causes thousands of deaths around the world every year. The biggest challenge posed by cholera is that it is difficult to control and treat at the same time. The infection spreads very fast affecting a huge...
- Why Do Some Vaccines Have to Be Injected Twice?
What is active immunity?...
- What Is Diarrhea: Get the Facts
Diarrhea is a very common water-borne disease. A person who has diarrhea passes loose or liquid stool at least three times a day or more frequently than what is normal for the person. The reason behind the consistency and frequency of these bowel movements in a case of diarrhea is the increased flow...
- Dr. Kathryn Edwards MD3601 Tvc Nashville TN 37232
- Dr. Natasha Halasa MD3601 Tvc Nashville TN 37232
- Dr. Joseph Nania MD3601 Tvc Nashville TN 37232
- Dr. Christopher J Keefer MD1005 Dr Db Todd Jr Blvd Nashville TN 37208
- Dr. Michele Donna Spring MD3601 The Vanderbilt Clinic Nashville TN 37232
- Dr. Mark Daniel Hicar MD3601 The Vanderbilt Clinic Nashville TN 37232