Dr. Jonathan S. Dowben M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry6000 Western Pl Suite 300 Fort Worth TX, 76107
Dr. Jonathan Dowben is a psychiatrist practicing in Fort Worth, TX. Dr. Dowben is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Dowben diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Dowben may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Dowben treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Psychobiological substrates of posttraumatic stress disorder--part I.
- Psychobiological substrates of posttraumatic stress disorder: part II.
- Clonidine: diverse use in pharmacologic management.
- Biological perspectives. Antipsychotics and the "fast-off" theory.
- Biological perspectives: remember the thyroid.
- Biological perspectives: detecting malingering of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in adults.
- Ketamine as an alternative treatment for treatment-resistant depression.
- Biological perspectives: hydroxyzine for anxiety: another look at an old drug.
- Biological perspectives: akathisia: ants in your pants.
- Biological perspectives: pain: it's not all in your head.
- Ammonium: the deadly toxin you don't want to miss when using mood stabilizers.
- Biological perspectives: hyponatremia: a side effect of psychosis.
- Biological Perspectives: Huntington's Disease.
- My Dad Can Beat Your Dad: Agonists, Antagonists, Partial Agonists, and Inverse Agonists.
- A population study on the density of palmar sweat pores.
Dr. Jonathan S. Dowben M.D.'s Practice location
Fort Worth, TX 76107Get Direction
JBSA-LACKLAND, TX 78236Get Direction
- Top 7 Depression Myths and Misconceptions Debunked
Depression is one of the most common mental illnesses experienced by people, and just like any other illness, this condition is also accompanied by certain myths and misconceptions. These are the most common myths surrounding depression today....
- How Does Saphris Work?
Mechanism of ActionSaphris is an atypical antipsychotic used for the treatment of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder in both adults and children ages 10 years old and above. The drug's exact mechanism of action is still unknown. However, it is believed that like other antipsychotics, it interferes...
- Nymphomania: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Diagnosis
Nymphomania is a mental disorder. The person shows characteristic compulsive sexual behavior. Compulsive means unwanted actions and rituals. The person repeatedly engages in it without getting any pleasure out of it, or the person is unable to control the behaviors. A person with nymphomania acts...
- Xanax: Side Effects, Withdrawal Symptoms, & the Safe Way to Get Off the Drug
Xanax is a medication used to treat patients suffering from panic disorders, anxiety, and depression due to anxiety. Xanax is a part of the drug family or class benzodiazepines.Effects of this drug usually start within twenty-five minutes of taking it and provide relief for up to a few hours....
- Understanding the Causes of Depression: Is Depression Hereditary?
While researchers are becoming increasingly aware that depression can be genetic, there is a need to shed more light on this issue because it is often misinterpreted. Is depression hereditary? Many people have the misconception that they will necessarily develop depression if their parents or any...
- How Depression Leads to COPD Medication Non-Adherence
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a progressive disease that still does not have a cure. The World Health Organization predicts that COPD will become the fourth leading cause of death worldwide by 2030. The predominant cause for COPD is tobacco smoking. Most symptoms are irreversible,...
- Dr. Irwin Schussler DO3704 Mattison Avenue Ft. Worth Texas 76107
- Dr. Germaine Hawkins DO855 Montgomery St Fort Worth TX 76107
- Dr. LaKeisha Green MD855 Montgomery St Fort Worth TX 76107
- Dr. Muhammad Rahim Haqqani MD855 Montgomery St Fort Worth TX 76107
- Dr. Helene M Alphonso DO855 Montgomery St Fort Worth TX 76107
- Dr. Mona A Alvi M.D.3840 Hulen St Fort Worth TX 76107