Dr. deVilleneuve is a board certified general surgeon and Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He has been in private practice in the McKinney/Allen/Frisco area since completing his surgery residency at the University of Kansas in 2004. Trained as a true "general" surgeon, he has experience in everything from traditional "bread and butter" surgeries like hernia repairs, gallbladder removals, and appendectomies to much more complicated procedures like esophagectomies and vascular reconstructions. Currently, however, he has turned his practice towards specializing in laparoscopic or minimally invasive procedures, especially hernia repairs. He has also removed himself from the ER call schedules so that there is never a concern that he will be called out of clinic or have to postpone an elective surgery to cover an unplanned ER patient. This also allows for him to provide same day appointments to any potential new patients whenever requested making scheduling your visit very convenient. His office is centrally located in the Stonebridge area of McKinney between McKinney and Frisco.
Education and Training
UT Southwestern Medical School MD 1999
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Dr. Scott A Devilleneuve M.D.'s Expert Contributions
Inguinal hernias are a very common affliction that for most people alternates between just being a nuisance to being very painful. Traditionally, the options for treating this condition were to either have a relatively major surgery with quite a bit of downtime from work and other activities or...
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Best Docs in Collin County2012, 2013D Magazine
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery
- Laparoscopic Colon Surgery
- Thyroid Surgery
- Excision Soft Tissue Tumors
- Fellow - American College of Surgeons
- FellowAmerican College of Surgeons 2005
- University of Kansas Medical Center 2004
- Morristown Medical Center
Faculty Titles & Positions
- University of Kansas Medical Center 2004
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Provide free surgery for Collin County Project Access patients
- Indiana University Medical Center
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Providing surgical care to indigent patients in central and south America. Co-founder of UHMLA (Unidad Hospitalaria Movil de Latino America)
- Stonebridge Surgery Center, McKinney, TX
- Methodist McKinney Hospital ( McKinney, TX )
Dr. Scott A Devilleneuve M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Scott A Devilleneuve M.D. | Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Scott A Devilleneuve M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Different Types of Hysterectomies?
Removing the womb or uterus surgically has always been an option for women troubled by severe bleeding, uncontrolled fibroid growth, painful endometriosis, and spreading cancer. Removing the source of the problem has been considered the best remedy for relieving these painful symptoms that...
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cholecystectomy
A cholecystectomy is a type of surgery done to remove the gallbladder. Although the gallbladder’s function is to store bile, which helps in your digestion, you can still live a healthy life without it. Gallbladder removal through surgery is the most effective treatment in dealing with gallbladder...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- Which Specialist Performs a Hysterectomy?
In the U.S., hysterectomies are second only to cesarean deliveries among the most widely-adopted surgical practices, and the number of women opting to go under the knife exceeds half a million annually. Your choice of specialist for the surgery depends entirely on the nature and seriousness of the...
- 5 Treatments for Excessive Sweating
What is excessive sweating?Excessive sweating is also known as hyperhidrosis. Abnormal and excessive sweating is not necessarily related to a rise in body temperature or intensive exercises. In this condition, sweating is so excessive that it tends to soak the clothes of an individual. At times,...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Dr. Kanene V. Ubesie M.D.9 Medical Parkway Dallas TX 75234
- Dr. Mauricio Giraldo MD3110 W. Main Street, Suite 150 Frisco TX 75033
- Dr. Alison Lisa Laidley M.D.7777 Forest Ln Dallas TX 75230
- Dr. Bridget Holden MD8350 Dallas Parkway Frisco TX 75034
- Dr. Stacy L Stratmann M.D.4708 Alliance Blvd Plano TX 75093
- Dr. Jeremy S Carrasco MD6124 W Parker Rd Plano TX 75093